Chapter 11

"This is ridiculous, why are we sticking our necks out for a nobody. Hell the girl is way too much trouble." I complained to my twin. We were told about a girl from Maine, showed up with all kinds of trouble following her. I scoffed, women. She was here to find her mate and ask for our help. Some Beta was trying to force her to mate with him. It was dispicable but it wasn't our problem.

  No point in starting a war for love and fate. Fate took my parents almost 20 years ago. My mother loved my father so much she was willing to leave her three young sons behind. Love left us to fend for ourselves, yes the Elders took us in and tried to raise us but they never showed any kind of emotion, even after we felt out link sever from our parents. Most of the pack left that night and none returned. They left us vulnerable with only a few warriors to protect the pack. All for love, didn't they love us, weren't we important too?

  I shook my head to get away from those dark thoughts. If I kept thinking of them my nightmares would come back. I may have been young but my mind remembers, it haunted my dreams throughout the years. No love wasn't for me. I tried voicing my opinion again but I wasn't being heard.

  Alpha Terence was telling us of another problem. That psycho wolf kidnapped the girls family and had threatened to torture and kill her entire family. Her father, her pregnant aunt and a old man. How can this get any worse? What kind of man does that to the family of the women he supposedly loves? They aren't even true mates. If love can make you that crazy I don't want any part of it.

  The Clearing wasn't to far from our territory, about a three hour run in the woods. My pack mates could tell I was irritated but my wolf was prancing around, Would you calm down? What is up with you? I was getting more aggitated by his behavior. He was acting like a pup. I'm sorry Marcus but I feel like I don't know I feel excited. Like electricity is running through my body.

  I felt it to but tomorrow is the blood moon I guess my body is sensing the power. Spike the blood moon is tomorrow. Get ahold of yourself, you felt it's power before. We are almost at the Clearing so keep still. I felt him calm down a little bit. I know the blood moon is tomorrow but this is different. I can feel it. Annoyed I told him to relax.

  Before we reached the clearing we were told to shift back to our human form. I reached for my shorts tied to my ankle and walked to the Clearing. Many of my unmated pack members decided to come. Hoping to find their soulmate in this girl. My wolf was restless, I could feel him. I felt a lightening bolt run through my body. All the hairs on my body stood up. I looked around to see if anyone saw what was happening. No one payed any attention to me. Was it happening to them too?

  Then the most intoxicating scent traveled up my nose and through my body. That scent was in my blood stream, in my nerves. I tried to shake the feeling away but the harder I tried the more it enveloped me. Lilacs and Pine. It surrounded me, my feet were moving on their own. I couldn't stop even if I wanted too. I walked passed my Alpha towards the new group that emerged over the hill.

  My wolf howled in my head and it felt like he was doing back flips. What was going on, then I saw her. The most beautiful creature I have ever seen. The sun was behind her giving her an angelic glow. Only one word came to mind mine.

  Mate Mate Mate spike chanted over and over again. "MATE!" I said out loud. As she walked towards me everyone around us vanished. It was just us no one else. I pulled her towards me and sniffed her neck. Lilacs and Pine. I felt complete but at the same time my world just turned upside down. "Mine" before I could stop myself I bit down on her neck leaving my mark and scent on her.

  As soon as I bit down my wolf howled. I felt so complete all my worries were gone. My heart jumped with joy. I licked her mark to get the blood off and looked in her eyes. I didn't understand why I saw anger in her eyes.

  "YOU JUST KILLED MY ENTIRE FAMILY!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh oh what did Marcus do lol im such a goof.