"If I can't, I can't!" Laxus snarled angrily.

"We're going to immediately see if something's wrong, take off that coat", Porlyusica commanded to Freed who nodded and opened his belt and buttons.

Laxus took his coat and cravat while Freed sat down on a chair and he unbuttoned his shirt. He shivered when Porlyusica's cold hand was on his neck as soon as he got the fabric out of the way. His heartbeat immediately raised. He couldn't help it. He could almost hear how Laxus was holding his breath as well and silence landed in the cottage.

They waited and Freed did his best to calm himself as Porlyusica was inspecting his body through the magic seal made by dragon slayer magic.

"It's faint", she finally said, her eyes closed as she tried to feel what the magic was telling. "But something is responding", she said and Freed's eyes widened.

"Yeah?" Laxus suddenly stuttered and his hands slightly trembled.

"Yes. No wonder if you couldn't notice it, it's still really small and fragile."

"But it is... There is...?" Freed asked and he wasn't sure if he was scared or happy.

"Yes, there's a baby", Porlyusica nodded and even smiled slightly. For a moment she had been scared too. Stupid humans always causing her troubles!

"But you said it's faint, so is everything...?" Laxus asked.

"I believe everything is fine", Porlyusica said letting go of Freed's neck and both men sighed in deep relief, Laxus collapsing on another chair. "Congratulations", the old healer said with slightly warmer tone. She wasn't made out of stone after all, these were happy news no matter what.

"Everything's okay", Freed said silently and he smiled.

"But I'm still worried", Porlyusica frowned, returning back to serious mood and she took out her big book of dragon slayer mating season she had been writing for years already. "This is really different from how it felt last time. I wrote here that last time it was a strong response immediately, but then again, we had waited longer time before I examinated you."

Freed could remember that feeling well. He had been utterly shocked. Never in his life had he been so confused, scared and lost than then. But this time was different, he knew what would happen and how to work with it and most of all, this time Laxus was here right beside him, supporting him from the very start.

"Could it be really bad?" Freed asked now worried again.

"I'm not sure yet! I'm not a walking dictionary!" Porlyusica snapped. "There can be many reasons for this."

"How was Levy and Rogue then?" Laxus asked.

"Stronger, but this doesn't yet necessarily mean anything bad."

"If it means anything, the mating season lasted for two weeks and we decided on this on the last week of it", Freed said and Porlyusica thought about it.

"It can be possible..." she muttered. "Also, I'm still worried because of how the mating season started, it wasn't supposed to happen yet. It should take ten years for it to naturally occur, this was more like an artificial mating season forced to happen."

"We still don't know how Yuidose managed to make it happen", Freed huffed as he buttoned up his shirt and took his cravat from Laxus. "But we will find out about that. Do you think that it's possible this is happening because the mating season was forced to happen?"

"That combined with the fact that Laxus is a dragon slayer by a dragon lacrima, it's highly possible", Polyusica nodded.

"That doesn't mean he isn't a real dragon slayer", Freed defended his husband who didn't say anything.