PART 23

A light knock on your door interrupted your thoughts and you jumped under the covers in the bed.

        "It's me", your mum said walking in with a cuppa. "I got you tea, honey", she said putting it on your nightstand.

        "Wow, you do look a bit off... and sweaty, are you sure you don't have fever?", she looked at you worryingly.

        "What?", you wrinkle your forehead. Your face relaxed in a poker face when you realised Luke lied again. 'I'm so done with that dude', you think in your head.

        "Luke said you don't feel so well and that you can barely stand your own feet"; she was pityingly looking at you.

        "Oh, now did he?", you raised an eyebrow, trying to conceal the touch of anger in your voice and she nodded.  

        When she walked out you poked your head out checking if she's really gone, then hopped over to your window and heard him crack up in his room.

        "Luke, that's not funny!", you hiss at him, gripping tight on the windowsill. His face popped up in the frame, "Nice lady, why can't you be nice too?"

        You rolled your eyes attempting to sass him out, "Because you haven't given me a reason to be."

        "Nawh, there there, I was nice to you in there though", he said jerking his head at your room.

        You sighed, "I didn't state that you were good."

        He smiled, "Oh, but you did...", he paused, "...when you called me Luke." 

        "Pffft", you mocked with a sarcastic snort, "You're hallucinating, Hemmo."

        "If it's any of us, then it has got to be you because I obviously took you to Heaven and back in there" he confidently stated. 

        "Oh, shut up"; you groan with annoyance, closing the window shut.