PART 14

You woke up pretty late on a Saturday and lazily dragged yourself downstairs. You heard the noise getting louder as you approached the kitchen and then saw your parents rush around as your mum stopped with plates in her hands, "Why aren't you dressed up nicely?"

        You give her a weird look pulling at your y/c/n pajamas, "Why would I be?" She slapped her forehead, "Ooh, sorry dear, I forgot to tell you we're having a barbecue with the Hemmings'." You gasp shockingly, "Crap."

        "What was that?", she passed you by and you shook your head, "Nothing." You rushed back upstairs, skipping two steps with each leap to get up faster. You scurried into your room and opened the wardrobe digging out your cute summer polkadot dress from the mess.

        "Damn you Hemmings", you mumble as you dress up against your will. You grabbed some Maybeline mascara and a nice eyeshadow to put on when the doorbell rang. You heard your dad commenting that they're here and he hasn't got everything ready. You stand in front of your wardrobe mirror quickly putting on the makeup.

        "Oh, hi, come in, come in", you groan hearing your mum warmly welcome them. "This must be Luke, right?", as soon as she said the L word you poked yourself in the eye with the mascara. "Jesus Christ", you say blinking fast as you look up to calm your watering eye. You fixed the makeup and waved your hand for a moment in front of your face hoping the air would soothe the redness. Soone enough your mum called your name making you come downstairs so everyone can head to the backyard together.

        "Honey, this is Liz and Andrew", you give them a tight lipped smile after your mum's introduction and you shook their hands. "This is Luke, their son", you watch him grin and your nostrils flared at the stupid look on his face. "It's nice to officially meet you all"; you lie smoothly and notice Luke knew you lied, too.

        Your dad clapped his hands readily, "Well then, shall we?"