PART 9

The damn window has been bothering you ever since you realised it's not just any window. You gripped the textbook tight in your hands, glaring at it from the bed. You saw a tall silhouette on the neighbour window and jumped off your bed.

        You paced to your open window calling out, "Psst! Hemmings!" The dark shape stopped before the curtains were moved apart, "Make up your mind already", he giggled.        

         "Oh shut up", you interrupt him, "I just want to let you know that nothing ever happened and from now on won't."

        He faked a pout, "Nawh, okay, you let me know that ten times today."

        You groan in frustration and he seemed rather amused. "You know, you should put all that anger to some good use", he implied and you crossed your arms, crinkling your nose. "You're right, I should. Do I break your nose now or now?", he laughed loud at your little threat of throwing punches at him. 

        Luke rested his forearms on the windowsill, giving you a smirk as he checked you out shamelessly. "Don't even think about it, we just met", you say pulling at your clothes as if it would cover you up more.

        He  straightened himself up a  bit, now gripping the windowsill, "That's not true. We met years ago, but we didn't get to know each other." You roll your eyes at his correction, "Stop romanticising this or whatever it is you're trying to do." 

        Luke shook his head laughing, "I'm just saying babe, it's alright."

        Your exasperated sigh ended the pointless conversation that obviously led to nowhere as you forcefully pulled back the curtains.