Searches through the Snow

Very long chapter for you all! I didn't even realise how long it was :O You guys are lucky!

Haha just kidding hope you love it and let me know if you have any characters you want seen more or people you ship together or whatever.

Your opinions matter to me!

Also I apologise for changing time and time again Dominique's nickname. It's supposed to be Min but I always forget :') I will go through and edit

Love you my sunshines

~Sophie

Scorpius

The next day they set out bright and early, after opening Christmas presents of course. He had gotten some Quidditch books from his parents, a couple of joke things from his friends, and get this - signed keeper gloves from Linton Reed, captain of the Irish International team from Rose! She was the best girlfriend ever.

Wait nevermind, best friend. He was going to ask her after that amazing kiss, but you know, Death Eater lookalikes and all getting in the way.

Now the four of them strolled across the Hogwarts grounds after telling their other friends and the Headmaster they were going home for a while, and their parents were picking them up from Hogsmeade. Funnily enough everyone had bought it, with Professor Flitwick sending his best wishes to their families for a happy holiday. I guess the aftermath of the kidnappings had softened everyone up a bit.

Lorcan and Tiffany were chatting away, which was a surprise to everyone. He had joked along with Min at first - mainly about her no boyfriends rule - but now they had both lapsed into silence, missing their friends more than they would admit to. After only one night he missed Rose's constant presence at his side. Her long straight hair, Her scent of lemon and lime. The way her nose scrunched up when she was annoyed.

"Hey blondie" Min's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "We're here."

Scorpius had been so caught up in his thoughts he hadn't even noticed they were now standing on the outskirts of Hogsmeade. Grumbling about Dominique being a hypocrite, he grudgingly went with Lorcan and started going round the town.

They had decided to approach the shop owners and ask if they had seen the mysterious cloaked figures and if they would have any idea where they would be now. It was the only thing they could think of right now. And they were desperate,

The brown haired boy continued talking. Actually, he had some pretty interesting things to say, mostly about adventuring with his dad. He wasn't as queer as Scorpius had originally thought. And he was kind of cute with his freckles and dimples, which is what he supposed Lily must like.

They visited The Three Broomsticks, the Post Office and Dervish and Banges with no luck, but at the Hogs Head a quick chat with the bartender got them all the information they had needed. A couple of leaders of the mysterious group had met in the pub yesterday evening, to talk about storming the school. There was some arguing over the new 'holding place' as they called it, saying that 'Dover wasn't a good place to hold them' and that there were 'too many tourists'. Thanking the bartender, the two boys left the pub after leaving a couple of galleons on the table.

Tiffany and Min stood huddled out of the snow and sleet outside the doorway of Gladrags. Their cheeks were red raw from the wind and their usually bright eyes were dull with exhaustion.

"Any luck?" Min asked hopefully. "If not I think we'd better get back to the castle, anyway I have SO much homework to do...."

"Actually we did find out something" Scorpius smirked. He lapsed into silence, making the two girls wait.

"What?!" Surprisingly it was Tiffany who finally snapped, hands flying about in rage. "What is it?! JUST TELL US!"

Scorpius was shocked, but nevertheless filled them in on the information from the barman. Tiffany kept asking for more details. He felt sorry for the little ginger having this kind of moody yet persistent girlfriend.

"Ok" Min rubbed her hands together. "I guess we could start by going to Dover and asking around for information. Scorp and I can both apparate, though I daresay Lorcan and Tiff you two will be two young. Why don't we just go together? Ok we'll apparate in a four."

Once she had finished arguing with herself, the quartet linked hands and were whisked off into the unknown.