Pain

Hello!

I didn't do an authors note on the last chapter. Have no clue how long this story has to go, but am keen to drag it out and experiment a bit. And yes there will be lots of cool character development!

Also for clarification, you may be wondering why I used green a lot to signify the 'Crucios' as they are now called and the room in which the kids are being held. This is because J.K Rowling mentioned that she intended for green to signify bad things. Also the red tracksuits - red signifys good things. So that's cleared up.

If you guys like this story let me know! Not keen on it being too long? Comment! Want it to keep going on for ages? Pm me!

Just want to know what you guys think :) Thanks for reading!

~Sophie

Rose

Darkness. That was the first thing she sensed, darkness.

Then the pain. An aching, pounding pain in her head, and a sharp pain on her leg.

The smell of new paint. It was almost overwhelming and incredibly strong.

A taste of something bitter on her lips that made her stomach want to throw its contents up.

Her eyes finally opened and focused on a green wall. In fact, there were four on either side. She was lying on the ground which was layered with gravel. It dented her smooth skin. There were three figures near her, all in various states of unconsciousness and wearing red tracksuits. She was wearing one too.

Rose shuffled over to the nearest figure a brown haired boy, clutching her head as she moved. When she got there she rolled him over to discover it was Hugo. He had a nasty bruise on his jaw and upper neck, a sickening green and yellow shade.

She reached for her wand, glad the kidnappers hadn’t confiscated that. Holding it to his neck, she cast a healing spell. Instantly the bruise shrunk until it was no more.

Then she turned over Lily, carefully extracting her auburn hair from beneath her twisted up body and healing cuts on her feet. Apart from her uncomfortable position she was now unharmed, so Rose moved onto Albus.

She gasped at the pus boils covering him from head to toe. He was in a foetal position, shivering in pain. His body shook everytime he drew a breath.

“Oh Al” she whispered. “What have they done to you?” The redhead closed her eyes in despair, then opened them again. If Al was going to survive it was up to her.

Slowly but surely she started healing his wounds. It took a lot of concentration, so even when Lily and Hugo woke and sat beside her she didn’t notice. Also, it took a lot of careful work so she wouldn’t say the wrong spell and harm him further. Finally she finished and she collapsed on the ground with the effort.

Just then a bright light penetrated her sight. She sat up, squinting and instinctively shielded her eyes from the source. When the light ceased four figures stood there, all cloaked in unmistakable bottle green. Behind them was a smaller figure with a tape recorder. Out of the five only one stood out to her - Pansy Parkinson - for she wore her hood down, eyes glinting with malice. Fear filled her very essence.

Pansy snapped her fingers and the other three took up positions behind her relatives. The woman herself walked slowly towards Rose, drawing her wand.

“Turn on the tape dear” she instructed the small figure. Once the small figure had done so, she started speaking.

“Hello there. This is the leader of the Crucios speaking. We have your children. And this is what we will do if you don’t give us what we want.”

Sane thoughts abandoned Rose as Pansy raised her wand and her body was wracked with bolts of pain.