The Secret

Scorpius

He flicked the blonde hair out of his face, trying to avoid the curious and penetrating stare of Headmaster Flitwick. It was a normal Head Student meeting and Rose was late, as usual. Also the fact that Scorpius had a big secret to confess.

Glancing out the window she noticed the lake had started to frost over. Bundles of orange and red leaves were gathered on the dim green grounds. It was only November but the icy hold of Winter was already noticeable. He had enjoyed the Halloween feast the other night but a couple of girls had gotten a little too close for comfort and he had had to leave early. Many people thought he was sleazy when he didn’t ask for girls to be coming on to him.

Then Rose decided to make an entrance. Her cheeks were flushed with cold, straight orange hair flying everywhere. A Gryffindor scarf was tied loosely around her neck, and she held a stack of papers in one hand.

“Sorry!” she apologised, slipping in the seat next to Scorpius. “I have so many ideas and so little time!”

Scorpius managed to stifle a snort. That girls brain never stopped working.

“Well thank you for joining us Miss Weasley.” Flitwick adjusted his seat cushions. “First matter of business - how are the patrols going?”

“Average” he shrugged.

“Brilliant” Rose nodded, ignoring Scorpius’ less than positive reply.

“Right” there was a small smile tugging at Flitwick’s moustache. “Second issue, prefect toilet use?”

“Yes” Rose frowned. “A group of boys got the password and decided it would be funny to uh interrupt when I was bathing...”

“WHAT?!” Scorpius stood up in a rage. He couldn’t believe it - what kind of sickos would do such a thing. “WHO ARE THEY ROSE?! i AM SERIOUSLY GOING TO HUNT THEM DOWN AND MAKE THEIR LIVES HELL!!!”

Then he realised he was Head Boy and was in a room with none other than the Headmaster. He flushed. Rose put a hand on his arm.

“Scorp, sit down” she said quietly,

He listened to the soothing sound of her voice, finding his seat.

“Your passion is riveting, Scorpius, but I do not think it is uh necessary” Flitwick spoke a tad awkwardly. “And our last matter of business I will hand over to Scorpius.”

He was interrogated with four eyes. Taking a deep sigh he started.

“Well in the summer I was at home in my room and my parents were downstairs. I heard knocking at the door and Dad let some people in. There were around four or five men. Growing curious I headed downstairs. The voices got louder and louder until I heard a wand blast and a long scream. When I entered the hallway the door was wide open and there were men running down the driveway. Mum was huddled on the ground with Dad over her. He told me to leave. I told him that I wouldn’t until he explained to me what was going on.”

Looking at both of them he steeled himself.

“The Death Eaters are reforming under a new leader.”