Chapter 10

"Hey, babe", Ba-Babe? What? Must be the anesthetics.

"Hey", I reply without giving any thought to it.

He gives his award winning smile.

"You know that I could break those teeth of yours right now, right?", I ask.

"Hey, I am in pain. You are not supposed to treat babies in pain like that!", He replies.

"Babies don't break hearts", I reply. I don't care if it was rude or blunt. I am still angry. He lowers his gaze and tightens his grip on my hand.

"I am sorry, Eth. I am a douche".

"Yes. Do you realize that I almost lost you? I was this close to losing you?", I ask him with teary eyes.

"I am really sorry", He says with tears filling his eyes.

"I need to make it clear that I am still angry at you but I was taking about the gun shot dumbo!", I reply.

"Right", He replies.

"Yep".

"Who were those guys anyway?", He asks. I shake my head not really knowing the answer. I hear the door unlocking and find the doctor coming inside.

"Well, looks like you are doing better. We will quickly shift you to separate general room. Is that okay?", We nod out head in unison. In minutes we are in the room left alone. I make myself seated again beside Naksh's bedside and take his arms in mine. I want to place a kiss gently on his hand but I can't bring myself to it. In the corner of my heart I am still angry and in despair. Our eyes meet and before anyone could speak anything, I hear the door opening. I immediately remove my hands from Naksh's. I see my brother entering with my luggage in his hands.

"Sorry, got a little delayed. Checking and all that", We nod in understanding.

"Okay, so, I know both of you need explanation", We nod again. He sighs.

"Alright, this is gonna be long and puzzling but, stay with me okay? Just sit your asses down and listen", He orders. We nod yet again.

"So you guys know, Varun right?", I cringe inwardly at the mention of his best friend's name.

"Your ultra mega best friend?", Naksh asks. My brother nods.

"So apparently, we were supposed to go on a trip today. I called him early in the morning to reschedule plans because you know, with the situation at home and all.." He looks at me briefly. I nod my head indicating him to continue.

"So yeah, he wasn't picking up his call. I started getting worried so I went to his home to ask where he was at that hour in super early morning. His parents said he went for a meeting in the Swastik right wing. So, I headed to their building to search for him", He paused for a brief moment and looked at us.

"You guys know Swastik right wing does right?", He asked us.

"Yeah, some religious youth empowerment", Naksh answers.

"Okay, so I went to their building and let me tell you, I am not even lying, I got really weird vibes from there. Everywhere I saw, I found guys wearing orange cloth over their faces like masks and some were carrying weapons".

"Wait- so...", I ask but he shushes me.

"I got a little scared...".

"Little?", Naksh asks.

"Naksh, I swear to god, not the time for jokes!", I say. Remind me again why I fell in love with this man!?

"I got super scared okay? I asked some guys for Varun and they started blabbering gibberish about him leaving with a bunch of guys early this morning in a hurry. I nodded and was about to leave when I noticed the posters pasted in their building walls. Umm...", He looked at us as if asking for assurance. We blinked in response.