Chapter 11: The Performance ("You are my Love Song")

Winty's POV

Kevin steps up onstage to give us a good evening.

"Good evening to the contestants of the 15th Annual Performance Battle. We are now in the final round where you get to show us your best performances. I will be inviting the audience to watch your performances and let them choose which one of them is the best. You're going to perform while the audience is having dinner. After that, we'll give you time to eat dinner where the results will be calculated. Break a leg", he said as half of us cheered and he says what it means,"It means good luck".

This time, we all cheered in amazement as we head towards the backstage. Basically, the Boy Band will go first due to their fangirls admiring their love songs. My stepmother once told me that every year, they perform love songs for their fangirls and admirers — whether they're secret ones or not. As a thought of the stepmother-daughter conversation runs through my head, I learn that the name of our group is the Girlz. How come I forget that? I grew up in this school. Also, every year, the Girlz always perform gracefully and our voices are mostly beautiful. Our songs are uniquely different.

This year, we come up with something that can teach the audience a valuable lesson. A lesson about accepting who you are whether you're different or not. Sometimes, we're allowed to watch the Boy Band's performance.

If you're wondering what we're doing physically, we're rehearsing the performance and preparing for our time in the final round. This is going excellently well. I see the Boy Band heading onstage.

"Watch and learn, ladies", said the leader of the Boy Band before heading onstage as I ignore it and tell my group to keep rehearsing and preparing for the performance.

3rd Person's POV

As the Boy Band are onstage, the fangirls and admirers scream in excitement. Some of them faint. Some look at them especially the leader sighing dreamily. Others are madly in love with them. The Boy Band begins to take their positions. When they're ready, they start singing:

Doo, Doo (3x)

Then, the Boy Band leader steps into the spotlight making fangirls cheer for him. He does cool and sexy dance moves walking around the stage with others making special effects around him.

Oh, oh, oh-oh
Oh, woah, oh

When you appear before me
And our eyes met,
My heart skipped a beat
I feel like we are meant to be

The fangirls scream again, but some of them faint while some of them sigh dreamily.

'Cause you're the one I've been looking for
All of those years finding love

Here goes the scream again and everyone especially fangirls and admirers are waving their hands up high.

And you... are my love song
A song I am feeling deep down in my heart
Oh, you... are my love song
A song which I know you'll be the one for me

He goes to his left corner of the stage.

Every time I see you
In my sight
I keep on dreamin' 'bout you
I feel like it's love at first sight

Here comes more fangirl screams.

'Cause you're the one I've been looking for
All of those years finding love

Everyone especially fangirls and admirers are waving their hands up high again. This time, the number of fangirls fainting are rising, which means, more of them start to faint.

And you... are my love song
A song I am feeling deep down in my heart
Oh, you... are my love song
A song which I know you'll be the one for me

As numerous fangirls faint, only a few of them sigh dreamily like they're madly in love with him.

Oh, you can't run away from me
I know you'll feel the same for me
I just want you to stay in my arms
'Cause you're my one and only

Half of the audience clap their hands along the beat while the other half are waving their hands leaving fangirls fainting and sighing dreamily like they're madly in love.

And you... are my love song
A song I am feeling deep down in my heart
Oh, you... are my love song
A song which I know you'll be the one for me

He sees what his fangirls are doing and continues the song with his eyes locked on theirs.

Oh, you are the one
And I'm saying you're my love song

That's when everyone cheers and applauds for the Boy Band — especially the fangirls — as they exit the stage.