nine. LIMITED EDITION BESTIES

In regards of friends, Okonome Tahjiko only had a few that lasted more than six months. Kiyoko Daya her beloved older sister and guardian protector, the #dadfriend of the squad. There was Daya's college roommate and childhood friend Azumane Araragi the cosmetic specialist and teddy bearish #momfriend. A foreign volleyball player largely responsible for team spirit and visuals at Nekoma, the largely clueless but not stupid, Bae Wonho. And then there was Aoki Daniel, Daya's girlfriend's younger brother and Tahji's figurative brother. He was a pastor's son, a clean-cut innocent boy with a near unhealthy addiction to music.

Tahji had found out that the practice match was playing against Karasuno and that her best friend had a crush on Karasuno's volleyball team, so like a fucking genius of course she would arrange to have the two of them see each other outside school hours. Daniel had swung by to pick her up after school and then they'd gotten milkshakes and fries and chicken nuggets. Well Daniel got the cookies n' cream milkshake because his best friend is technically lactose intolerant, but he'll let her drink half of it either way.

          "Mari-chan, if I'd known about you I would've gotten more nuggets." The blond apologizes as he gives her a sip of his milkshake instead. Tahji rolls her eyes, she could manage her lactose intolerance but her younger sister definitely couldn't. "This is volleyball right?" He asks, as Tahji nods a chicken nugget disappears in her mouth as the other girls on the volleyball team leaning against the wall behind them shoot disparaging glares on Tahjiko and Daniel.

Tahji knows that if her little sister weren't there to keep the rest of the team at bay they would be gossiped about until the end of the time, but the 150 centimeter girl was a force to be reckoned with.

          "So you and this boy crush?" Tahji teases as Daniel gets this misty-eyed lovestruck look. It's weird for both of them to see the other in love.

He sighs, his chin resting on his hands as they wait for the match to start. They're not the only spectators, other Aoba Johsai students are also intent on watching the practice match. Some are just their to see Oikawa Tooru, resident sweetheart play but it's not like Tahjiko cares a lot. The popularity was just something she would have to deal with until they moved again. "I really like Koushi."

          "So tell him you really like him."

          "No, I already hit on him and he's really uncomfortable--"

The doors open with no resounding bang or dramatic situation as the other team files in neatly. They look nervous to be there and Tahji finds it somewhat endearing. Usually, when threatened, sports teams tried to look as intimidating as possible, but that just wasn't their vibe. She fixates on the silver haired number 2, he's easily one of the cutest boys on the team and is distinguishable by his friendly aura just like Daya said. "He looks pretty closet if you ask me," She interrupts.

          "How would you tell--you know what, ever since Daya locked me in with you, I've hated you." Daniel's referring to the incident that occurred at the end of summer before their first year in high school in which Kiyoko Daya locked her juniors, that got along worse than Tom and Jerry, in a closet together and told them to fix their problems. Daya then proceeded to forget about the two and they were rescued by one Azumane Araragi who heard the commotion from his own house.

          "Back atcha prayer mat," Tahji winks as Daniel almost spits out his milkshake as Sugawara Koushi looks up and waves at him. Number two looks pleasantly surprised to see his classmate at his volleyball practice match, Tahji will take it as a win.