sixteen. THE ADVENTURES OF MARIKAWA PT. 1

YOU ARE NOW TALKING TO MARIKOHITTHEWHOA!

trashykawa
lol what does ur mom think of me

marikohitthewhoa
she say you talk a lot
and that u seem nice

trashykawa
but like, is my life in danger??

marikohitthewhoa
lmao she sent u away bc
my dad's kinda overprotective so
we don't tell him a lot of things
and if he woke up to a random guy
in his home that would be no bueno

trashykawa
oh ok :D

marikohitthewhoa
just sayin if u get horny this week
u better pornhub that shit and leave
taj mahal alone bc mom
works from home

trashykawa
mARI-CHAN I'M INNOCENT

marikohitthewhoa
nO YOU'RE NOT DON'T LIE
I RAN FOUR LAPS AROUND THE BLOCK
WAITIN FOR U TO FINISH DOIN THE NASTY
iN mY RoOm
I a m t h i r t e e n j i s o o s

trashykawa
I'M SO SORRY THIS IS AWKWARD WOW
yOU COULD'VE KNOCKED OMG

marikohitthewhoa
STFU N GTFO B4 I BLOCK YO NASTY ASS

trashykawa
such harshness

marikohitthewhoa
that's what she said ;)

trashykawa
ok I'm confused are u innocent or not

marikohitthewhoa
are u innocent or not?
wait i have a better one
are u BInnocent or not?

trashykawa
I feel v called out

marikohitthewhoa
as long as you're around tahji jus remember
i'm guaranteed to be at the wedding
you're not confirmed

trashykawa
assault!!!!!!11!!1!!!1

marikohitthewhoa
why do u think my name is
lil sister satan in tahj's phone?

trashykawa
...?

marikohitthewhoa
yall really just spend ur time doing
the nasty nasty
u should call urself a fuq buddy
not a boyfriend

u don't even get sugar daddy rights

trashykawa
WHOA CALM DOWN UR THIRTEEN JFC
WE'VE BEEN DATING FOR LIKE TWO WEEKS

marikohitthewhoa
bruh tahji makes me help take her nudes

trashykawa
mariko...

marikohitthewhoa
dAMN U HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN
THE NOODS YET THAS RUFF FOOL

trashykawa
mari-chan u brought em up
imma bout to go into practice w
this boner 4 ur sister

marikohitthewhoa
sounds like a- a-
y o u p r o b l e m

trashykawa
comethru, please soul sister
I beg of you

marikohitthewhoa
nope, i require venmo transactions of a
minimum of one hundred b4 u
get any action

trashykawa
pls im about to get destroyed by
iwa-chan

marikohitthewhoa
just ask tahj lmaooo

          Mariko rolls over in her bed, it's around 6AM. As usual when Tahjiko's fighting a fever, she's a light sleeper and of course she awake and watching Mariko. "What's up kid?"

          "Your boyfriend misses you a lot and he's being clingy to me to make up for it and I brought up your nudes, is he really just a fuck buddy to you?" Mariko whispers just loud enough for her sister to hear, even though their parents are both in their room there's no guarantee that they aren't listening in to their conversation. They're both laying on the ground next to each other so that if Tahji needs to go throw up in the middle of the night she has the easiest access to the bathroom and Mariko will help her brush her teeth afterward.

          "I think I like Tooru a little more than I liked Adam and Michael combined," Tahji admits a smile crossing her paled face, she just wants to get better and see that cutie again instead of seeing his Snapchats all night.

          "You sound so lovestruck, that's kind of disgusting. But do you still have them now that you have a boyfriend fuck-buddy thing that makes you smile?" She asks quietly, facing her sister on her belly.

          "Of course it's good money for something not far out of my way."

          "Do you think I could--"

          "No, I don't want you doing anything more than feet."

          "But you send full bodies all the time." The younger whines quietly.

         "But you want a future in volleyball and that's going to be difficult to maintain if someone traces them back to you."

Mariko gets up and walks away even though she knows her sister's right.

Tahji sighs, there's so many things that Mari wants to do, but she can't risk it with her dedication to sports. She likes to imagine this is how her older sister treated her those years ago when Tahji had all of those terrible ideas. But then Ruiko wasn't there and the terrible ideas became a nightmare-ish reality.

Her sister leaves for school and then her father for work and then it's just her and her mother left in the house as Tahji finally emerges from the room.

           "How are you feeling?" Her mother asks as she looks up from her sewing. A penchant for needlework went down in the family by how good the mother and daughter were at sewing. Tahji herself didn't own enough money for materialistic clothing brands and an ever changing assortment of clothes but she made do with what she could snag from thrift stores and customize cheaply.

          "I miss Ruiko." She says simply. It's three words that can cause everything to change between the mother and daughter.

Long legs tucked underneath each other as she flops down on the couch, she's basically not sick anymore but Tahji never really liked school anyways. Besides it's not like she's missing out, Tooru made it his policy to talk to her in every break he had.

Chihiro looks away from her needlework slowly, solemnly. It's a hymn for the dead to hear their name spoken once more. The small portrait of her oldest daughter sits in the kitchen atop the refrigerator like the patron goddess of midnight snacking. Losing a child is a mother's greatest pain, losing a child due to that mother's own actions was near unspeakable. It was such an unspeakable act in and of itself that it sent their entire family into a downward spiral. No one yelled at Chihiro, hardly anyone spoke a word to her, and yet the white hot pain still gripped her heart with the intention to tear it in two. Ruiko's demise was a silent cry for help from them all, the final pleads for mercy. It destroyed them.

          "Not a day goes by, and I don't think about her." Chihiro says softly as she sets her needlework aside and let's Tahji's head rest in her lap. Tears are shining in their slate brown eyes frozen with emotion. They have the same eyes and the same height and the same posture and they make the same mistakes.

          "Mom, I miss nee." Tahji breathes shallowly, if she weren't so sick the tears would be falling easier.

The mother feels grief taking its hold on her heart once more as she watches her daughter suffer.