18 | 𝘓𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

Start from the beginning

-"Steve, listen to me." Nancy says while opening the door slightly. Her voice dripping in annoyance as Steve stares at her in disbelief.

-"Hey. Nancy, what...."

-"You need to leave." She adds seriously. Steve's head whirls as he tires to think of what they could possibly be doing that required him to leave immediately.

-"I'm not trying to start anything, okay? I don't care about that." He tries to explain, stepping closer towards the door.

Nancy steps back, her hand on the knob to quickly shut the door if necessary. She repeats herself, keeping an intense gaze on him.

"No, no, no. Listen, I messed up, okay? I messed... I messed up." Harrington stammers growing flustered, he runs his hands through this hair and sighs.

"Really. Please. I just want to make things right." He continues, hoping this will change her mind. Nancy remains unmoved, and Steve's eyes go to her hand.

His eye brows raise when he sees a white bandage wrapped around it, with red liquid seeping through.

"Hey, what happened to your hand? Is that blood?" He asks, concern etched on his face as he stares at hers for an answer.

-"Nothing. It was an accident." Nancy pulls her hand back behind her. She stutters while lying to his face.

-"Yeah, what's going on?" Steve's mood shifts. He knew Nancy was a terrible liar, and she was doing a wonderful job of reminding him.

-"Nothing."

-"Wait a sec. Did he do this to you?" Concern turns to anger, and it can be seen in his eyes. His hands clenches into fist.

-"No." she shakes her head. He tries to move forward, and gets close. She grunts while trying to keep the door open only a little.

-"Nancy, let me in!" He demands while trying to push past her and enter the house.

-"No. No! No, Steve!" She cries, causing Jonathan to run to her side. Steve manages to push the door ajar, and his eyes bug out when he sees the inside.

Christmas lights are strung up, the alphabet is painted on the wall, and the whole place is a wreck. Jonathan has a similar bandage like Nancy's on his hand, and his face holds an angry expression.

-"What is... What the..." Steve exclaims, his mouth agape as he scans the room thoroughly.

-"You need to get out of here." Jonathan speaks with authority, making Steve even more panicked.

-"Whoa. What is all...."

-"Listen to me. I'm not asking you I'm telling you, get out of here!" Jonathan raises his voice. But Steve doesn't pay heed to his demands, instead he sniffs the air when a strong odor hits his nose.

-"What is that smell?" He asks aloud, his nose turned up in disgust. He squints his eyes, before realizing it was gasoline.

-"Steve, get out!" Nancy yells, hoping he'll have some respect for her, and just leave.

-"Wait. What? What is going on?" He stutters, yelling because of how complicated this all had to be. He just wanted to apologize, and have that be the end of it. Now he dealing with secretive teens with cut hands, Christmas lights, gasoline, and guns- wait, guns?.......