"I never have. You're my little brother and you went through a lot. Unlike those snakes, I know the value and meaning of family. Unfortunately, you're going to break yours apart if you keep up with your stupidity," she sighed.

"What are you talking about?" I scowled.

"Have you seen Aretha yet?" she asked.

"No, I haven't," I replied.

"I thought so! Look, I'm staying here until mum and dad find out that I'm in Florence. Aretha wouldn't have it any other way. You and I will fix our problems later. Right now, you need to make peace with your fiancée. Did you bring her anything?" she asked.

"What for?" I asked in confusion.

"You were, and are still being an asshole Ambrosi. That woman did nothing to you. She didn't deserve you calling her a bitch just because you were having a terrible day," she scolded.

What is this?

"I did not call her a bitch. I merely said she was acting like one," I pointed out.

"Why? Because she told you the truth? Isn't that why you're with her to begin with? She's honest and doesn't let you get away with building more demons. You need her Raphael, and if you're wise, you'll realize that you were very wrong and that you should apologize for what you said. You really hurt her, and you'd be stupid to not see that much," she said before walking out of the study, leaving me stumped.

What the hell is going on?

I left the study and headed to our room, only to find it empty. The bed was untouched, and there was no sign of Aretha, which set me into a panic. She couldn't have left me. She wouldn't leave the girls.

She just couldn't.

I ran out of the room and searched the whole floor before finally finding her in one of the guest bedrooms. She was curled onto the bed with a small blanket covering her. She would've looked angelic had it not been for the obvious tear streaks on her face. My heart did a weird leap at the sight.

Had I caused those tears?

Reality set on me as I walked into the room. I've never cared about the repercussions of my words before, but seeing her like this made me realize that I was a major asshole to her. She really didn't deserve my behaviour towards her, especially because she was right- her honesty is the one of the things I truly value about her.

I sat at the edge of the bed, afraid to touch or awake her. The more I looked at her, the more I realized that I don't deserve her. The sad part is that I know that she wont leave me. I don't mean to think of that as something I can take advantage of. If anything, I'm grateful for it.

It all comes down to me being a better person.

Not wanting to wake her up, I quietly left the room. I went back to our room to change into comfortable clothing, before heading back downstairs. I was surprised to find Marcia bonding with the girls. They weren't particularly fond of her before today, but then again, a lot had clearly happened today.

"Did you talk to her?" Rhonda brought me out of thought.

"Who exactly?" I turned to her.

"Actually, now that you mention, did you talk to them?" she rephrased.

"I spoke to my sister. I didn't want to wake Ari," I replied.

"You do realize that you screwed up right?" she asked as she followed me to the kitchen. They'd apparently already had dinner.

"I know. How do I fix it?" I sighed.

"Are you at least regretful?" she asked.

"To be honest with you, I wasn't, until I saw her. I made her cry Rhonda. I've never cared about what I say and the effect my words have on people, but knowing that I made her cry is tearing me apart. It's the last thing I would've ever wanted," I told her honestly.