"You call this checking on things?"

Thanks for reading...
~~~~~~

Layla's POV

I spent the rest of the week with Dave. He would take me to school and pick me up. He didn't try anything after the first time. We just enjoyed each other's company.

I'm meeting for brunch today with my mom and I'm actually very excited since I haven't seen her in two months. I went in my closet and picked out a pink velvet short sleeve with a maroon plush fill zip up jacket. After doing my makeup, I took a few pictures and texted my mom that I was on the way.

When i made it to Alfred Coffee in Beverly Hills, my mom already had a table ready for us. She stood up and hugged me tight.

"Yeah yeah, I miss you too." I said to her, kissing her cheek and sitting at the table.

"Aw honey you look gorgeous. How have you been?" She asked me, looking through the menu. My mom has always been the person who knew me best. When I was adopted, her and my dad were only 28 and they married three years after.

"I've been great. What about you and dad?"
I asked, picking up my own menu.

"We've been wonderful actually. He's in London at a surgical convention and he should be back in about two weeks. We've missed you so much. Anything to update on?" She asked, winking at me. I swear she's weird. My mom's always wanted me to find love so every time she sees me, she has to ask about my love life.

"Uhh...yes actually" I smiled at her, watching her facial expression go from 6 to 10,000.
"Omg, I think I might have a heart attack. Seriously? Tell me about him. Or her, your sexual preference in none of my business." She says and I just bust out laughing. This woman kills me I swear.

"He's a he" I reassured her. "He's very sweet to me. He makes his own money and he loves that I make mine. He's the most handsome man alive." I told her, coming down from my huge outburst of laughter.

"He sounds perfect. I need to meet him" she tells me.

"When the time comes. We've only known each other for two and a half weeks" I let her know. I didn't want to mess up what we had with moving too fast.

We ate and drank coffee as we made up for loss time. We stayed just laughing and having fun for almost three hours before we both had to go.

When I got home, Dave texted me that he was coming over because he had nothing else to do at the trap. Look, I never said I was just okay with him being some gangsta. But I'm not not okay with it. I'm not here to change anyone and I like him just the way he is.

I went to the fridge and got some snacks for when Dave came over. Just when I sat down, he knocked on the door.

"Ughh, I'm coming." I said I'm an irritated tone. I went to the door, opened it for him and he came inside trying to hug me.

"Nah, I'm mad at you" I laughed at him still hugging me.

"Why" he asked me, sticking his head in the crook of my neck making me giggle.

"Cause you knocked on the door right when I sat down" I pouted, sitting on the couch.

"You so lazy" he told me, laying his head on my lap. "What we watching?" He snatched the bowl of popcorn of the table.

"Nah, but foreal. You need a key or something cause I'm not opening the door for you anymore." I laughed out as he picked the walking dead to watch on Netflix. His phone started ringing, but he didn't get it. He just looked at me.

"Whatttt?" I play punched him in the shoulder.

"You want me to have a key?" He looked at me. Omg, way to make it weird.