1: Bed Springs

*TRIGGER WARNING: SEXUAL ASSAULT*

Have you ever heard the sound of metal coils, bouncing against worn cloth? It sounds horrible, its noisy and creates distractions.

Those distractions can be annoying, or they can save you. Save your peace of mind, save your aching and save your sanity.

Of course your mind is occupied by the nuisance, but the person on top of you is worried about how they feel, nothing else.

My friend- who, now is dead- was raped. But instead of hearing those coils, she heard the wind. It was in a field, it was cold and he was drunk. According to my friend he covered her mouth and told her to be quiet, nobody believed her- i didn't believe her.

But when I'd met the same man, somber and sober, he'd made the same mistake- only instead it was with me.

I can't imagine listening to pure silence, in fear. At least I could hear the coils.

I couldn't save her, so why I would I save myself? I thought this, every time I heard the coils. Call me weak, go ahead, for I feel weak myself.

He told me 'your too loud' nice, the springs are my fault. Thank God he didn't cover my mouth. Now that my friend is dead, I understand. The irony of understanding, only when the soul is gone. How I wish I could tell her.

When I tried to tell her, she told me 'if he touches you, I'll kill him' oh how I wish she'd still be here, for I'd take him down with her. I just want him dead, it's cold and harsh but its merely the truth.

I can wish for a lot of things but, in honesty, it most likely won't happen. I wish he would perish instead of my friend and I wish she had those metal coils to distract her, because maybe, just maybe she'd still be here.

-Bed Springs

A Crazy Beautiful WorldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara