Chapter Eleven:

Start bij het begin

“Aw is Jasper scared?”  Carly cooed from the bed, Liam chuckling beside her.

“Come on Jasper it’s not even that scary,” Callum said as he moved to turn off the PS3.

“Callum I will fucking kill you if you touch that power button,” Jasper said calmly.

 The thing about Jasper is that he will never shout at you when he threatens you, instead he likes to say things quietly and in a calm tone.  He believes that it scares people more and he was absolutely right in his assumption, because as soon as the threat left his mouth Callum had quickly scurried away from him and towards the bed.  Liam and Carly both giggled as Callum leaped onto the bed, causing it to shake.  Carly placed the bowl of cheese puffs on Callum’s, chest so that all of them were able to reach for them.  The three of them lay on the bed waiting patiently for Jasper to finish his game.  It was five minutes and a torrent of curse words later that the three friends made their way to an almost pouting Jasper. 

 Callum put the movie in, while Liam busied himself in making a comfortable nest on the couch that Carly and Jasper were already seated on.  Jasper only sat with his arms crossed childishly across his chest as Carly took it upon herself to poke him endlessly in the cheek.  She only stopped when Jasper attempted to bite her fingers.  All four of them sat squished on the purple couch that Jasper had kept since his parents bought the house.  It had been the only thing that he had bought in order to contribute to his big room and had stayed, much to his Father’s distaste. 

The movie started, the speakers making the floor actually vibrate.  Carly, Liam and Callum exchanged excited grins while Jasper readied the blanket so that he could hide behind it. 

***********************

“The clapping scenes were the best part!”  Carly gushed, while Callum placed the DVD back into its case.

“Oh and the part where that priest’s wife was in the basement,” Liam countered giddily.

“Yessss!” Callum and Carly said together as Callum came to sit back on the couch.

Jasper said nothing; the only thing that showed that he was clearly upset was the constant twitch in his left eyebrow.  Carly grimaced slightly, feeling concern for her best friend; she knew how much Jasper hated scary movies and couldn’t help but want him to forget he ever watched the movie.

“Hey guys don’t you think its been ages since we last saw Narnia?”  Carly asked.

Callum and Liam stopped their exclamations on the best scenes of the movie, so that they could turn curious eyes on Carly, “Yeah it has,” Callum said, a reminiscing look crossing his face.

“I really want to watch it, actually,” Carly stood up with some of the blankets wrapped around her, “Let’s watch all three of them!”

“Yeah!”  Liam shouted just as excitedly getting up too; however he fell flat on his face when the blankets tangled around his legs. 

“I’m up for it,” Callum said with a shrug.  Carly turned towards Jasper, catching the slight nod as his consent; Carly didn’t miss the small smile on his lips.

Callum looked down at his watch, “We need to get something to eat first.  Ok I’ll go get the food, Jasper you come with because I know by the time I get back you’ll be too immersed in your game for us to even watch anything.  You two just...I don’t know laze around until we get back.”

Jasper heaved a heavy sigh as he got up and grabbed his jacket, following Callum out of the door.  He turned just as the door was closing, “Liam don’t play on my games,” He said, the door clicking shut as soon as the words left his mouth.