Jimin

Jimin, 6 April YEAR 11

I walked out the entrance of the arboretum alone. The weather was cloudy and so it was a bit cold but I felt good. Though it was picnic day, my parents were still busy. So in the beginning I was a bit sad. But in the flower drawing competition, I received a compliment, and my friends' mums said that I was dependable. And so from then I thought I was a bit cool.

"Jimin, wait here. Teacher will come soon." After the picnic, as we were to leave the arboretum, the teacher warned me but I did not wait. I was confident I could do it alone.

I grabbed onto the straps of my backpack tightly with both hands and walked purposefully. It felt like everyone was staring at me so I straightened my shoulders more. This was a long time after the rain had started falling. My friends and their mums had already gone, there was nobody to look after me, and my legs hurt. I used my backpack to cover my head and I crouched down under a tree. The rain fell harder and there were no people that walked past. In the end, I ended up running through the rain. I could not see a house or shop. The place I arrived at was the back entrance of the arboretum. The side gate was open, and I could see something like a storage space within it.