Chapter 6

Simon woke up when he heard a loud thump and a shattering sound. He shot up, not realizing that Jace was still in his lap, which resulted in him stubbing his toe on the coffee table while Jace fell onto the floor with a yelp. Becky opened her eyes sleepily. "Where's the fire?" she asked, her voice groggy. Jace rubbed his head and Simon cursed out loud, holding his toe. "Jordan?" he asked, looking at the door, where the man stood, holding a paper bag that had ripped half-way. The contents was on the floor and Simon spotted some glass shards. Ah, so that's what made the noise. "Fuck! I'm sorry, the paper just gave in!" Jordan exclaimed. Becky was still rubbing her eyes but Simon set his foot down and kneeled next to Jace. "You okay? I totally forgot you were there." Simon said and then smacked his forehead, realizing how that sounded. "Great. Good to know that I'm forgettable." Jace grumbled, getting up and sitting on the couch.

Not really thinking about it, Simon leaned down and kissed his cheek. "Oh, stop being such a baby." he said and then looked back at Jordan. He didn't notice how Jace smiled happily and how his hand went to his cheek, where Simon's lips had been. "Let me help you. What was this, anyway?" Simon asked, rushing over to Jordan's side to avert Becky's smiling gaze as she looked at him and Jace. Jordan picked up the larger pieces while Simon got out the vacuum. "Oh, just some of Maia's cooking in a glass container she gave to me. Thought you might want her lasagna." Jordan announced pitifully, when Simon had cleaned the mess. After staring at the remains of the lasagna, mourning, Simon cleaned it up. They went to the living room and Jordan greeted Becky with a hug. "Hi, Jordan! It's been too long." she said and Jordan nodded. "Hey, Becks. Nice to see you. Jace, right?" Jordan said, turning to the blonde who shook his hand, smiling. Jordan gave Simon a knowing glance, which the other ignored and then stretched himself. 

"Alright, I need to make a couple of phone calls. Becky, why don't you help Jordan with dinner and Jace, I'll walk you out." Simon said sternly, looking at his sister. Becky nodded and smiled at the blonde. "Bye, Jace. It was very nice to meet you. I'll see you around." she said, winking at him and then smirked at Simon. She grabbed Jordan's hand and moved them towards the kitchen, while Simon went around the table to Jace. "Sorry to cut this short, but I've really got some things I need to take care of." Simon said, apologetic. Jace shrugged his shoulders, smiling at him. "It's fine. Just promise that we'll have another date?" he asked, hopeful. Simon laughed. "This was a date? All we did was nap." he replied. Jace moved closer to him and Simon's heart beat so fast that he was afraid it might break. The blonde kissed his forehead and Simon felt like melting into a puddle. "My kind of date. But I want to take you out on dinner. Sunday good?" Jace said and Simon noticed he had set one of his hands on Simon's hips. He gulped.

"Um, sure. Sunday's good." he said, trying not to blush, when Jace's eyes bored into him with intensity he hadn't felt in a long time. How did he manage to make him so shy all the time? Jace's face came closer and he pulled Simon's body against his own, making Simon's breath hitch. Jace leaned down and kissed his jawline. "I'll pick you up at 7." he said in a way that was not supposed to be sensual but somehow, Jace made it so. Simon felt himself stir and he stopped picturing Jace naked on his couch. "Right. Okay." he said quickly, and started pushing Jace out the door and the room. The blonde laughed and before Simon could close the door, Jace grabbed his arm and pulled Simon towards him, making the brunette almost fall into his arms. Jace's lips were on him for just a brief moment, but the heat behind it was incredible. When Jace pulled back, his eyes were burning. "Bye, Simon." he said and walked off, leaving Simon admire him from behind. Damn, Jace had a nice ass.

"Well, he's the sexiest person on the planet, I can tell you that." Becky said, startling Simon. "Jesus, way to be creepy!" he said half-shouting, pressing a hand to his chest, when his sister was standing right behind him. Becky laughed, but looped their arms together when they went into the kitchen, where Jordan was making pasta. "So, you guys dating?" Jordan asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "What? No." Simon said, his voice revealing a panic. Becky laughed again. "Didn't seem like it. Seemed like he wanted to rip your clothes off and-" she said but Jordan put his hands on his ears. "LALALA NO I CANT HEAR YOU!" he shouted and Simon rolled his eyes, while Becky laughed so hard, she fell off the stool and that, in turn, made Simon laugh. Soon, Becky was on the floor in a ball, laughing like crazy, and Jordan and Simon were both tearing up at the sight.