15. Eavesdropping

I hope you guys are still safe from the virus and I would also like to say a quick thank you to all the NHS workers, doctors, nurses and all other essential workers who are working harder than ever.

We will get through this.

💙

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

Adrenous has been gone for nearly an hour   since he left with Arif.

My jealousy towards Rita had soon faded in that time after what had played out between me and Adrenous, my wolf and I satisfied with the pleasure he gave us and the way he assured us he only wanted us. I had to give it to him, he was amazing with his hands and his tongue.

Of course I planned on returning the favour at some point.

But that would have to wait.

My eyes lock with Rylan across from me, his body leaned against the back of the couch, his elbow propped on the arm rest as he rests his cheek against his hand, an open book in his other hand. I close my own book I had been reading. I figured I might as well learn more while Adrenous was gone but this book was of no help.

Rylan follows my actions before his gaze flickers to mine, "Have you learned anything useful?" He nods towards the book in my lap.

I sigh softly, "Not really. Just vague knowledge." My gaze drifts to the fireplace, focusing in on the flames that are licking at the pieces of wood, turning them black, allowing my mind to become blank whilst I take a break from reading.

Rylan smiles, disregarding his own book onto the cushion beside him. "Don't worry you'll find out for yourself soon enough." He states, referring to when Adrenous finally claims me and marks me.

That's if I agree.

I still don't feel ready but the way Rylan smiles at me, I know he's excited for that to happen. I don't want to dampen his mood when I respond with, "I guess."

He smiles brilliantly back at me, making me feel slightly guilty for the way I feel towards this whole marking ordeal. Perhaps I just need some time to myself to properly think about it. I suppose only time will tell whether or not I could be ready for such commitment though I couldn't deny how much I was beginning to care for Adrenous and the way he made me feel was incredible.

Especially earlier.

"Rylan do you have a mate?" I question, perhaps he could sympathise with me if he had experienced similar insecurities.

He's taken aback for a moment, not expecting the question before his smile widens, his eyes becoming filled with awe when he answers, "Her names Laurey. She's the most loving, amazing and gorgeous woman I have ever met. I believe she would like you."

"Maybe one day I can meet her?" I reply, thinking whether or not she really would like me. I hope so, it would be nice to have a friend here other than one of the generals for a change.

"Of course." He smiles, "You'll be welcome to my home anytime."

"Thanks." I'm pleased he's so eager to have me meet his mate but now it was time to ask him the question that was beginning to burn on the tip of my tongue, "Rylan were either of you scared when it came to claiming one another?"