12. What is this pain?

I present you with chapter 12.
Please take note that this chapter is a little unedited and just point it out If I've made a mistake.
Thanks. Enjoy.

✨🌘✨

A giggle passes my lips as me and Rylan run from the door, skidding across the room as we jump back into our seats. Rylan sits down a little too violently, almost nocking me out of my chair but manages to quickly reach out, grabbing my arm and pulling me back onto my seat as I try to stifle my laugh. We quickly appear to be eating normally as we try to contain our excitement.

My eyes scan the bucket gently balancing on the dining room door, filled with water. I try hard not to giggle as Rylan scoffs his breakfast beside me, his eyes on the door as well, a sideways smirk plastered on his face.

We soon cast our eyes down at our plates to prevent getting blamed as we hear Hunters footsteps approaching.

He was going to be furious.

The sound of water splashing meets our ears and so does a ferocious growl, "Who the fuck did this?" I lift my head up and almost choke on my food at the sight of a soaking wet and furious Arif. His eyes scan the room and the few people who are sitting around glance at me and Rylan basically giving us away.

Rylan fakes innocence as he stands and points down at me, "It was Liv's idea."

What? I snap my head up at him, narrowing my eyes as he keeps his finger close to my face. He was such a liar.

"Your such a little shit." I hiss at Rylan as he sits down. I shove myself against him, knocking him of his seat, causing his ass to hit the floor hard. He groans in pain as he rises back up to his feet, rubbing his tail bone which had took the impact of his fall. I burst out laughing whilst he playfully glares at me before laughing himself.

Hunter comes in beside Arif, his surprise evident bus soon a chuckle reverberates through his chest, "What the fuck happened to you?" Arif shoots him a glare, causing Hunter to cough as he attempts to cover his laughter.

Arif raises his finger, pointing it at Rylan and then gestures for him to follow him out the room as he storms off.

Someone needed to learn to take a joke.

"Pray for me." Rylan says, pretending to be terrified and then goes after a mad Arif.

Hopefully he doesn't get beaten up.

This whole prank idea, which was Rylans idea by the way, was a welcome distraction from everything that had happened since I spoke to Tristan. Plus Adrenous wasn't here either.

Adrenous has been away dealing with a few approaching threats that I wasn't really sure of. It seemed to be that he was always busy. I wanted to speak to him further and ask about the whole mate ordeal but he would always avoid the conversation and then leave for days at a time.

I had already been here for a month and I desperately wanted to speak with him and get some answers.

Hunter sat opposite me, his chest still rumbling with laughter from witnessing a drenched Arif. "Rylan will be lucky if Arif doesn't murder him."

"Where did he take Rylan anyway?" I ask whilst bringing my fork to my mouth and chewing the delicious bacon.

I loved bacon.