Epilogue

It was Choi Sora.

After all these years, I finally met her My eyes never left her. She grew up so much. She wasn't the small kid who laughed whenever someone squeezed her hand.

She looked so breathtakingly beautiful. I've never felt this much love for anyone in my whole life.

"Mommy, look! That teddy bear has no head! It has a human head!" I heard a voice say and turned to that voice. It was a small girl holding Sora's hand.

Suddenly everything hit me like a truck. It felt as if the whole universe stopped. My body went numb. I couldn't seem to breathe properly. I could feel myself sweating.

"Excuse me, are you feeling okay? You don't look so good." I heard a familiar voice but it was much deeper and matured.

"Here, have this handkerchief." I tilted my head up. Tears started to well up in my eyes. She looked so beautiful up close.

"T-thank y-you" I choked out those words and took the handkerchief Sora offered.

"Mommy! Daddy's here, let's go to that ride!!" The small girl exclaimed. She ran to a guy and hugged him.

Sora was still in front of me. She looked concerned. "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked me and I bit my lips, nodding my head slowly.

"You're married.." I whispered, looking at the ring on her finger that shone brightly in the sun.

She looked down at her fingers and chuckled. "Yeah, I never thought I'd be so lucky to meet someone like him." She said and straightened up. "I'll be leaving then, keep that handkerchief with you, in case you need it again." She smiled at me and went to her daughter and her husband.

The husband took her hand and I think he squeezed it because Sora said something that I was all too familiar with. "No, stop! It tickles!!" She laughed and elbowed him.

My heart felt heavy. It felt like my whole world was crumbling into pieces.

I knew I should be happy for her because she was in jubilation and content with her life.

That's when I realized that she didn't need my love. She was already loved and wanted by someone she deserved rather than me who was poor and probably wouldn't have been able to make her happy.

"After all, I'm just a mascot who fell in love with her.."

-End-

mascot →jjk✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara