Chapter 7

The night was quiet, with only the sounds of howling from a pack of Wolfos in the far distance and the wind from the endless blizzard of the mountain. Hearing these sounds calmed me a bit, but then I thought about how Navi were so open to reveal Hyrule's biggest secret to a stranger. Of course, I was the one who even mentioned it to Syaoran in the first place, so it was mostly my fault. But there was just something in his expression that made me trust him with the whole thing. That he would never do anything to hurt me or my home.

Princess Zelda was willing to even tell me the whole thing right after my curse was broken back in Termina. I wondered about why she did though, because of it being such an important part of the kingdom itself. It must have been due to trust and the strength I built up from such a tragedy being overcome. I was flattered, and promised to protect the secret with my life, and be as wise as ever at who would know about it.

Then I thought about how Link held the Triforce of Courage. No wonder he was called the Hero of Time, because of the power that chose him when it separated into its three pieces. And I knew immediately that Zelda held the Triforce of Wisdom even when she didn't tell me, because of her kindness and wisdom that she had while being with her as her servant. There was no way the wisdom piece would have chosen anyone else in Hyrule.

And then there was Ganondorf, who held the Triforce of Power. The key word for him was power, which is exactly why the piece chose him. But even when he had the Triforce of Power, he still wanted even more; so much that he would kill for it. Talk about overdoing it.

All of this was based off of the greatest power I've ever known, which is to have whatever wish you had granted. That alone was why Zelda was trying so hard to keep it hidden, but failed when Ganondorf found it and took over Hyrule with the Power piece. But since it was only that piece, he could only take over Hyrule instead of the world it lives in, or worse, all of the worlds in existence. I couldn't imagine Termina being overtaken by a man as dark and powerful as Ganondorf was, but I didn't dwell on it.

A howl came from the other side of the jungle from a Wolfos. I was glad it was so far away, but now I was starting to miss Link again. It's only been two days since I last saw him, but it felt like two years for how hard I was trying to find that treasure. I really hoped he was okay for how he was working hard in finding me as well.

Then I remembered Syaoran. I looked over across the dead fire pit, and saw his brown hair as he slept softly. I couldn't figure out why and how I could trust him so much with my life, but I knew that it was the right thing to do in the situation I was in. Even Link would have trusted him, and that's more than good enough for me.

I turned back over, feeling my eyelids drooping. Rose was standing right outside the cave asleep, and I stared at her as she breathed in and out. I watched her until my eyes finally closed with my heart beating loudly.

When I opened them again, I was standing in a giant field with the sun shining on the familiar surroundings. After looking around, I knew I was in Hyrule again, but this time out in the field instead of the castle garden where I talked to Zelda in the last dream. My white dress floated with the breeze, and the glitter of the lace on the ends of my sleeves, the neckline, and the bottom of my dress sparkled with the sunlight. The wind felt amazing through my hair, and I closed my eyes while sniffing in a big breath in happiness.

That's when I heard a familiar neigh.

I spun around, moving a piece of hair from my face as my pink eyes beheld what I was seeing. Link was standing next to his chestnut bay filly with a hand on her flank. The grin he had made me smile, and swiftly run down the hill towards him so that I could embrace him. But before I got to him, he put his hand up in a stopping motion. I did with confusion.