Obanai Iguro |If time would allow

Start from the beginning

"just last until dawn! just hold on a little longer!" Gyomei shouted as the remaining pillars fight against Muzan with everything they got.

your whole body were aching, your other eye were seriously injured and you can't see anything with it, your arm were also broken and to make things worse, Muzan were incredibly strong.

"(Y/N) watch out!" Obanai shouted as he jump and tackled you away just before you were hit by Muzan.

"there's no time to space out! retreat for now!" he ordered as he stand in front of you ready to fight again.

"No! I can still fight!" you said determine as you stand up to fight again. 

you don't know how much time had pass, but you were already reaching your limit and so does everyone else but Muzan was still perfectly standing.

as everyone were sent flying, and you hit the wall, you felt your breath leave you, for a minute you lose consciousness and when you come to, Obanai and Tanjiro were fighting.

you struggle to stand up and fight,  using your sword as support you limp your way towards them. getting near them, you notice Obanai's injured eyes, and seeing those heterochormia eyes you love closed you found a new resolve to fight more. 

using your anger as fuel you jump right into the fight, just in time to deflect one of Muzan's attack against Tanjiro.

"(Y/N)-san!" 

"no time for greetings! move!" you shouted as you fight.

seconds,minutes passed and you finally reach your limit as you try to catch you breath while holding on your injured arm, the time seems to slow down as you see Obanai striking Muzan with all his might. 

but then, unexpectedly Muzan were able to strike back, and as time slows down as you watch those blades go closer and closer to Obanai, before you knew it your body were moving on it's own. 

running faster than ever, despite feeling your lungs burning you ran and jump just enough to pull Obanai Away and switch both your position just before you two rolled away together.

"(Y/N)?! you okay?" he asked as he stand up to check on you.

"...yeah" you weakly said as you smiled at him but then as you stand up, you collapse right on the spot.

"(Y/N)!" he called as he ran towards you and examine your wounds, right on your stomach was a hole that was supposed to be for him.

"don't worry about me..Muzan is gonna escape..go!" you said as you weakly push him away.

"Hang in there, I'll be back!" he gritted his teeth as he ran towards Muzan again to fight.

as you rest your back against the wall and use a breathing technique to slow down the bleeding, you know you were far from being okay. a minute after, you felt the sun on your skin and everyone's cheers as they cry out in happiness. 

"(Y/N)! hang in there! " Obanai said as he wonder whether to move you or not. groaning in pain as he tried to lift you he immediately let you go and desperately call for help.

"hey! you're gonna be fine..." he whispered as he notice you were getting paler by the second. but you knew it was over, you were just feeling your life getting drain out of you.

"...If I would be born as a human again..." you said to Obanai as Kaburamaru wrap himself against you.

"You're not gonna die!"He angrily said, yet you continue to smile. 

"..I want to eat eat simmered salmon and ohagi with Giyu and Sanemi..." you said as you felt your whole body getting cold, Obanai held your hand as he also were feeling the life getting drained out of you.

"..I want to have tea with Shinobu and Mitsuri.." you continued as your vision suddenly get blurry. 

"I...I..want to train with Gyomei-san and Rengoku.." 

"...I want to fool around with Uzui-san and Muichiro.."your eyes brim with tears as your remember the memories you had with everyone.

"you could have done that right now! why did you block that attack with your body!" he said as he tightly held your hand against his chest, he was shivering and one look at him says he was incredibly sad. 

"and Obanai...In my next life..I..want..to be...with you...again.." you manage to say as you manage to lift your hand and hold his cheeks which he unconsciously nuzzle in, he doesn't see you anymore but at least until the end you want to smile for him.

"you idiot! you're so obsessed with me, look where it get you....I only bring sadness and pain to you..so why do you want to be with someone like me?" he explained as he slowly remember every thing you've done for him, he may not look at you romantically but you were still the one who stayed with him for all those years.

for him, you were the only family he had, the only person who celebrated his birthday every year without fail, the only person who makes him feel like he was not a disgusting person.

"because...It's you...you're not just someone ...you are Obanai that's why.."you chuckled as you hold back your tears as your hand limp away due to loosing strength, on the corner of your eyes, you saw someone that would probably want Obanai's attention for the last time. 

"..don't waste your time on a dying person like me...go..to her..hurry" you painfully said as you try to hold back your tears, and smile at him as much as you can.

"but.."

"...go.." one word was enough to make him let go of your hand as he whispered something that would at least console you for your next journey.

"I'm sorry(Y/N)" 

he whispered one last time, as he went to Mitsuri's side, he cradle her on his arms as they exchange promise to each other. the sight hurts you as a painful smile made it's way on your face.

"..If time would allow...let's meet in out next life again..." you whispered as you close your eyes, seeing Obanai and Mitsuri for the last time, before darkness consume you.

'This time...I would properly say I Love you...'

'...and confidently congratulate the both of you for finally being together.."

~*~

I think this is the longest chapter I wrote haha