Yoriichi Tsugikuni | Reasons to see You

Requested by MARI_LE_PANDA

Hundred of years ago before the current Pillars were born, you were among the first breath generation of demon slayers. you are the first flower breath user, and as someone who was adept in plants and medicines, you also work on the butterfly estate. 

The butterfly estate is a recovery base for injured demon slayers, in your work it is natural that you encounter almost all the demon slayers. but what you didn't expect to see was the strongest demon slayer be brought to the butterfly estate. 

Yoriichi rarely gets injured and even if he does it was never serious or severe that  needed to be treated. you've only seen him occasionally during missions and meetings but never dared to talk to him even once. 

"(Y/N), you here?" Sumiyoshi called as he entered the room followed by Yoriichi. Sumiyoshi was not a demon slayer but rather a close friend of yours. 

"What's the matter? are you injured?" you asked immediately as you come outside upon hearing his voice.

"not me but Yoriichi-san" he said as he point to the said demon slayer who stand behind and curiously look around.

"he claimed it's only a cut but I'm worried it's poisoned" Sumiyoshi worriedly said

"let me take a look" you said, your smile never leaving your face. 

you approach Yoriichi who willingly showed you the cut on his arm, it's not that deep but it was clearly in a bad shape.

"Hey! It's not just poisoned it's also been infected, how long had you had this injury?" you asked Yoriichi as you quickly scramble to gather your tools. 

"a few days" he calmly said as he watch you ran around, collecting medicines, alcohol and bandages.

"a few days?! you should have come here sooner" you mumbled as you pulled him towards the chair and sat in front of him to treat his wounds.

"Then I'll leave him to you (Y/N)" Sumiyoshi wave good bye, leaving you and Yoriichi alone.

The room was then filled with silence as you seriously treated his arm, Yoriichi kept staring at you. your smile was perfect but yet he can feel your sorrow and anger.

"If your sad why keep smiling?" he suddenly said, he never flinch nor cry out in pain when your treating him so hearing him suddenly talk startled you.

"what do you mean? "you asked him confuse as you bandage his arm. 

"I can sense your sadness and anger so why do you keep smiling?" he seriously said as he watch every move you make, he sense you become uncomfortable yet your smile never falter. 

"hmmm I wonder" you hummed as you avoid the topic and finish treating his wounds.

"you're interesting" he muttered

After that day, Yoriichi has taken an interest on you. he would come to the butterfly estate once in a while to get treated with minor injuries which he normally doesn't do. during meetings and missions he would approach you and ask you some personal questions. soon you get used to his presence. 

"Oh Yoriichi, what can I do for you today?" you asked amused, as you were already use to his unannounced visits. 

"This" he said as he pulled aside the collar of his orange kimono and showed you a bruise on his chest. though you quickly diverted your eyes away from his body.

"what happened? " you asked as you get some ice to apply to his bruise.

"training" he muttered, not even flinching as you press the cold ice to his chest.

"don't lie...no ones in the training area today, everyone's on a mission" you said as a matter of fact. Yoriichi take his gaze away from you, he was clearly lying. 

"come on spill the beans, what happened?" you asked still holding the ice on his chest, but not looking at his muscular body, because you know you won't be able to take it.

"I ask my brother to punch me" he muttered or more like a whisper not really wanting to you to hear.

"what?! why would you do that?" you asked as you stared at him, startled. had he finally lost his mind?

"...to come here" he added, still not looking at you. then as if you gained the last puzzle piece, the picture had been completed. everything seems to have fall into the right place and everything finally make sense. 

"don't tell me, those injuries you have when you come here these past few days were not from fighting but you've been intentionally letting yourself get hurt?"

"..."

you asked him, for a while now you did get suspicious that he kept getting minor injuries but he would distract you from questioning him by starting a conversation. 

"why would you do that?" you added when he didn't answer and remained quiet.

"to come here and see you" he said and he finally look at you, his maroon eyes staring at your own eyes. 

"Yoriichi you don't need to have an injury or be sick to come here" you explained as you warmly smiled at him, touch at his efforts but still worried. 

"if you want to see me...you can just tell me" you added, your smile never leaving your face. you were feeling happy than usual. 

"really? you wouldn't decline?" he asked, his eyes sparkling like a little kid and his mouth agape. 

"of course I don't mind having some company" you said continuing to press the ice on his chest. 

"then come with me right now" he suddenly blurted out as he gently took your hand away that was holding the ice on his chest, then pulled his clothes back, much to your dismay.

"eh? right now?!" you asked in disbelief as you hesitantly answer him. 

"you said you wouldn't decline" he said as he look at you sadly, successfully making you guilty. 

"alright! alright!" you finally agreed as you put aside the ice and took his hand that was stretch out for you to take.

"Let's go"

~*~

I found this picture in tumbler and I just want to share it to you guys. I think it's so cute. credits to the artist.

 credits to the artist