Kokushibo | I wish I was a Human

He took slow and light steps as he approach your form, until now he can't believe that a fragile woman such as you, would be brave enough to approach him of all people.

as he reach your form, he gently cradle you upper body and peered at your face as you sleep.

"I wonder what you were thinking when you first saw me..." 

He muttered as he remembered the first time he saw you. back then, to him you were nothing but food, a weak creature that is meant to be eaten. as everyone tremble from his sight, you stood firm and protected those precious to you.

"..but how could you smile at me like that" 

He continued as the memory of you smiling at him as he was about to kill you, he don't know if you're an airhead or just simply brave, but the sight of you kindly smiling at him, which no one ever did for the past decades, made him stop inches away from killing you.

"your eyes were more honest than anybody else..."

he said as he tucked away some hair away from your face to properly see your peaceful sleeping face. no matter how much you lied, your eyes would always tell the opposite, he can always tell whenever you were trying to hide something to him, you didn't know it but that's one of the trait he likes about you.

"your mouth would only speak kind words..."

despite being a demon, and witnessing the bad things he done. you would never curse to him or say bad words to him. you would always try to comfort him with your words. and it was not just to him but also to others.

"I get worried when you're not on my sight"

he murmured as he trace the features of your face, trying to remember every single detail as much as he can. one time when you and Kokushibo goes on a stroll and you just somehow get separated from him, he panic and almost destroyed the whole forest just to look for you.

"I get jealous when your talking to others"

no words are needed to explain, Kokushibo doesn't like it when you would talk and smile to others other than him. he was a selfish man for wanting to lock you up and want to be with you forever but he would never do that to you, after all your happiness has become his priority.

"If only you knew how much you make me go crazy"

he gritted his teeth as he say those words, he stared at your sleeping form one last time as he gently pick you up bridal style. your were light and fit perfectly on his arms. 

"...you make me wish that I was human..."  

he whispered as he never take his eyes off you, in case you suddenly open your eyes and wake up.

"because maybe if I were....then I won't feel this disappointment in myself.."

he continued as he walk with you in his arms, admiring how beautiful you are under the moonlight, even though your lips were getting pale and your arms going limp, to him you were still the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

"for not being able to save you, despite being a demon"

and as he walk with you in his arms, a trail of blood follows behind him, and that blood belongs to you.

"..just open you eyes and I'll tell you how much you mean to me" 

~*~

-THE END-

Being quarantined with nothing to do, I finish 3 one shots today haha

hope you like it~