➳𝒥𝑒𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓊𝓈?⚠️

By ~I am Diana of themyscira~

Race to the edge

Smut ⚠️

Finally, you'd finished dragon training and the Dragon Riders decided you were ready to join them. When Hiccup brought you to Dragon's Edge for the first time, everyone had been so excited and ready for you to join the team. It was all so exciting and you knew you'd fit in just fine.

Astrid had been the first one to notice something going on between you and Hiccup. It was your first day and the two of you were sparring. Hiccup was a few feet away with Toothless, reading and taking notes on Bork's papers. You ducked and rolled out of the way as Astrid swung her axe near your head. "Okay, what's going on with you and Hiccup?" She asked, pausing for a quick break. You stood and brushed dirt off your pants. "What are you talking about?" You asked, wondering how the Hel she had figured that out. "C'mon, Y/N. I'm not blind. I've seen how you look at each other. And also Hiccup hasn't taken his eyes off you in the past 10 minutes." She chuckled, glancing over your shoulder. You turned just in time to make brief eye contact with Hiccup before he quickly shoved his face back into the book. You grinned and turned back to Astrid. She put her hands on her hips and gave you a knowing smile.

"Okay fine. Hiccup and I are seeing each other. Just don't tell the others." You said. "Why not? It's cute." She shrugged. Your cheeks turned pink and you looked down at the ground. "I just don't want them to think I'm here because I'm dating Hiccup. I want them to know I actually worked hard to get here." You admitted. Astrid put her hand on your shoulder. "No one would think that, Y/N. We all know how hard you worked to get here. We've all seen how tough a warrior you are." You smiled at her reassurance, feeling much better.

The rest of the team had slowly caught on. Everyone except Snotlout seemed to pick up on the fact that you and Hiccup were together. When it came to decide where you were sleeping, he'd been the first one to offer his hut. "There's plenty of room for you at my place, Y/N." He said, wiggling his eyebrows at you. You felt Hiccup tense up next to you. "Thank you, Snotlout but Hiccup already offered to let me bunk with him." You said, suddenly enjoying how quickly Hiccup reacted to Snotlout.

The following days were filled with similar moments. Offers to train together, patrol together, snide comments about Hiccup's leadership skills, just about anything to get under Hiccup's skin. You shot Snotlout down every time, but you were starting to get a little creeped out by him. The rest of the team found it pretty amusing. Astrid even thanked you for taking Snotlout's attention away from her. The only one to not find it funny was Hiccup. He'd remained pretty silent throughout the whole situation. But the looks of pure jealousy were all over his face. If looks could kill, Snotlout would've died a hundred times over.

Hiccup was assigning teams to patrol the island when Snotlout rushed to your side and wrapped his arm around your shoulder. "I call patrolling with Y/N!" He shouted. You could've sworn you saw flames erupt in Hiccup's eyes as he stared at Snotlout's arm around you. Hiccup wished Snotlout's arm would just fall from his shoulder. "Too late, Snotlout. Y/N is patrolling with me." He said through gritted teeth. Snotlout groaned loudly, rolling his eyes. "You always get to go with her!" He complained. Hiccup's hands balled into fists and you quickly shrugged Snotlout's arm off you. "You'll be fine, Snotlout. You get to patrol with the twins." You said, grinning widely at his displeasure. You grabbed Hiccup's arm and led him away.