➳ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀ ʙʟᴜᴇᴘʀɪɴT

By Yourfantasyfactor

Scenario: You were a former apprentice of Gobber and a childhood friend of Hiccup who became the newest member on Dragon's Edge island. This is set before HTTYD2.

The scraping of a metallic leg on hard wood was heard in Hiccup's hut, followed by the teen's whiny protest.

" Toothless..." Hiccup groaned in annoyance, being shoved by the Night Fury towards the door. "I don't need a wingman to-."

The young viking found himself in front of the door of his bedroom he let you stayed in. He stood by the door to find Toothless was nowhere in sight. "That useless reptile...", he whispered to himself.
He took a deep breath and knocked.

Bent over the worn-out drafting table you were occupied with conceptualizing your hut. Without raising your head, you heard someone rap on the door and said the usual "Come in. "

Hiccup opens the door and walks in, scratching the back of his head nervously . He stammered reluctantly, your back facing him. "[Y/N] ... Would you- Er.. D-Do you want to.. Um. You kind if we-.". You straighten up and turned around on your seat to face him. "Yes?", you replied with a smirk, musing to yourself on how adorable his voice cracks whenever he stutters. You notice how his bright green eyes dilated when you meet his gaze, awaiting his response. He averted your gaze to stare at the far wall and muttered. "Oh. Never mind. You seem busy sketching, I was wondering if you need help. "

"Oh with this?" You turn back to your wooden desk and gesture on the messy blueprint of the hut of your own design.

"Nothing but a rough sketch, just a concept. " you quipped, which made him walk closer to your side for a better look.

In an attempt to hide your so-called crappy handiwork, you slump your back and gripped the sides of the wooden table.

He peeked over your shoulder , gazing at the blueprint and stroking his chin. "Hm.." Hiccup hummed, silently scrutinizing your work as he leaned closer on your table. His hand snaked at the side of your shoulder to pick up a pencil. You swiveled on your seat about to protest "What are you-"
The young Viking began to point out the flaws in your drawing and made corrections with the charcoal pencil " I think you should add a little...". Somehow your thoughts suddenly drowned his voice as you notice him bend over your desk to draw. A blush crept on your face when his arms inadvertently enclose around you while he scrawled on the ancient paper.
You can just feel his chest pressed on the side of your back.

You shift on your seat and tuck your hands between your thighs, feeling rather uncomfortable and comfortable at the same time. He spoke softly to your ear, giving minor pointers but you were so flustered all you could hear was "Blah blah blah blah blah." in that nasally dreamy voice of his. Woah, is the universe suddenly in slow-motion?

Toothless, who passed by the opening of the door, tilted his head in curiosity. He slipped inside the room and watched Hiccup 'help' you. You peeked behind Hiccup and silently shoo'ed the Night Fury for some privacy. To no avail, he stubbornly shook his head and went to the corner where he lay down on a slab of stone.