The Kings of Old

She wasn't looking for a knight,
She was looking for a sword."
-Atticus

Nyx was holding Raya as she slept curled up against him. She had been back for 2 days now. He saw her fear that she would harm him. He would hold her and kiss away her fears.

"Nyx." He looked down to see her looking at him. "Can we do a holiday party?" he smiled as he gently kissed her. "Anything for you Starlight." She smiled at him. Nyx watched her get up and walk into the bathroom.

He was still laying in bed. "Hey baby you mind if I wear your hoodie?" He heard from the bathroom. "Go ahead babe." she came out in a pair of his sweats that she always wears when she was cold. and his hoodie it was huge on her. Her hair was a mess as she sat on the edge of the bed biting her nails.

Raya didn't feel Nyx move until he had her hands in his. "What's on your mind hun?" She looked up at him biting her lip. "Nyx Thank you for coming into the darkness for me." He lifted her chin. "I will always come for you."

Nyx saw the bruises around her wrist and neck. "How about we go see what my mother is cooking?" He stood up and took her hand in his. "Hun are you getting sick again?" she looked away. "it's just a cold. Nothing to worry about." He stopped her. " Rest today. Do it for me." she leans up and kisses his nose. "Anything for you hero."

They walk into the kitchen. "Hey ma it smells good in here," Raya says grabbing a cup for coffee. Selena runs over. "Hey can we get a tree today, please?" Raya looks at Nyx. "You will have to ask him." she points to him and grins.

It was decided they all would go and pick out a tree. "Here baby put this on." She turns to see him handing her his heavy jacket. She smirks "You just want me in your coat so no one looks at me." He chuckled "That's a good enough reason. But I know you can hold your own easily." He kissed her as he took her hand.

They were walking around looking at trees letting Selena pick it out. When they heard her yell out. Nyx and Raya took off to find the girl was surrounded by flans. "How are they out in the day time?" Nyx asked.

Flan

Flan

Raya summoned her weapons. "Nyx get your sister. Leave them to me." They ran over Nyx protecting his sister as Raya blasted the flans with magic. Raya landed next to Nyx and Selena. "You okay little one?" she nods then yells "RAYA BEHIND YOU."

Raya turns and doges the reapers attack. She attacked it back. "Nyx we need to go. I can't keep this up. My body is still too weak." she sees him nod as they start to retreat. Raya guarded them as they ran back to the apartment. Once inside Raya looks at Nyx and pulls out her phone.

 Once inside Raya looks at Nyx and pulls out her phone

Reapers

She tells Noctis about the daemon assault. "Noct I can't do this alone we need to meet now and think of something else. It's taken to much of a toll on me." Noctis tells them to come to the palace.

Nyx and Raya carefully get there family to the palace. Once in the throne room, she notices Gladio, Ignis and even Prompto standing in the room. Before she can say anything a blast of wind blows the doors open.

Raya looks at Nyx as they ready their weapons. "Nice to see you my dear pet." Raya's weapon falls to the floor as she sees Ardyn walk in. "Oh you do remember our fun together," he smirks. As the man flicks his fingers dark silhouettes move across the floor.

 As the man flicks his fingers dark silhouettes move across the floor

Ardyn

Raya tries to move away but they quickly grab her. Nyx turns to see his wife's hands held behind her and she was held to the floor. "Now dear you know you can't outrun me. But don't worry I have a gift for your whole family."

Raya watches in horror as the shadows move and pin down everyone in the room. "Ardyn let them go. This is between me and you," she yells out. Raya watches him walk over to Nyx's sister and touch the side of her face.

Nyx sees something in Raya snap and the power in her broke free once more. The shadows holding her vanished. She stood up and looked at Ardyn. "Don't touch my family." Ardyn stands up and looks at her. "Kings of Lucis... I demand you come forward."

Kings of Yor Regis

Kings of Yor Regis

Raya's eyes were ablaze as a form came to stand at her side. She looked at it. "Shall we fight side by side once more young glaive?" Raya bowed "It would be an honor my king." With one movement the shadows holding everyone were gone.

Nyx watched as Raya and King Regis fought with Ardyn. It was something he would never forget. He ran to his sister. "Selena are you okay?" she trembles in his arms. "Will Raya be alright Nyx?" he looked down at her and smiled. "She will be okay. You know how she doesn't allow anyone to harm what's hers."

Raya and the king fought Ardyn back making him withdrawal. "Till we meet again my goddess." Raya turns to the past king. "My thanks for your aid." Regis turned to his son holding Luna. "May you both know happiness. You have made me proud my son." The king looked at Raya. "Walk tall young glaive." She bowed "For Hearth and Home always my king."

Once he was gone she looked at them all. "What did I do?" Noctis was the first to speak up. "You called the kings of old without using the ring. How?" Raya grinned "I'm a goddess I don't need a ring to demand their aid."

Raya kneeled down in front of Selena. "Are you okay?" the girl threw herself into Raya's arms. "Thank you, Raya." Raya picked the girl up. "Let's go home." Nyx took her other hand and the 4 left.

Raya was curled up next to Nyx on the sofa. His mom in the chair. A scream came from the guest room. The three jumped up and ran in there to see Selena crying as she sat up.

Raya sat next to her. "Raya, did that man really do those things to you?" Raya cringed at the fact that this little girl was seeing what had been done to her. Raya wiped her tears away. "Selena look at me." When she did Raya placed her hand over the girl's eyes and muttered something softly. Raya smiled at her then kissed her forehead as Selena closed her eyes. "Sleep in peace child these dreams will bother you no longer."

Raya walked out of the room with Nyx behind her. He followed her back into there room. When she turned and fell into his arms. "Why would he show a child that?"

Nyx held her in his arms."Hun what did you do to Selena?" She looked up at him. "I took the memories from her. She should never have to see the things that were done to me." Nyx kissed her. "Thank you for protecting her Starlight."