In Your Arms

No one really wants to admit they are lonely, and it is never really addressed very much between friends and family. But I have felt lonely many times in my life.

Raya got out of bed and went to make some coffee. She had been pulling double shifts with the daemons returning in the city. She was the only one able to destroy them.

"Hey hun you shouldn't be up. You just got home 2 hours ago." She looked at him and shrugged. She grabbed a cup and poured some coffee. "Your mom and sister should be here soon. I know they can't wait to see you."

As if on cue the door opened to see a young girl run in and tackle her brother. "You idiot. How could you do that to us?" Raya laughed as her phone went off. "I will let you all catch up. Duty calls."

When she came back out in her battle gear Nyx kissed her. "Be careful out there." he watches her as she leaves she looks so exhausted.  "How's she doing Nyx?" he turned to his mother and sister. "Not too well she's the only one able to take out the daemons so she is on call all the time. She barely gets to rest before she's being called out again." he was worried about her.

Raya killed the last daemon. She was freezing cold as she walked home. Raya noticed her steps were sluggish and her breath was slowing down. Raya got to her door and opened it. "Nyx" she called out to him.

Nyx heard her call his name and came to the door to see her leaning on the wall. "Somethings wrong. I can't. I can't." He ran to her side and caught her. "Nyx" she looked frightened.

She leaned against him as she tried to catch her breath. When she opened her eyes she looked around. "No please." She grabbed his arm her body collapsed to the floor as her breathing started getting faster. "Nyx I can't." she cried out. "I can't see anything."

Her memories of her time with Ardyn began to come back at her. "NO" she shrieked. Raya stood and forgetting she didn't have her coat on ran from the house.

Nyx tried to grab her but she was to fast. He stood and ran after her. When he got outside he saw her trying to walk but she fell into the road as a car blared its horn. He warped to her side and pulled her against him. "Baby stop. you're safe. Breath hun I got you."

Raya felt someone grab her but her panic was rising. She grabbed her head trying to make the memories stop. " Please stop. Just kill me." She felt something getting tighter around her neck.

Nyx got her back inside and shut the door his mom locking it. When he laid her down on the sofa she let out a whimper as she clawed at her neck. "Raya baby stop it's not real." Nyx grabbed her hands away so she wouldn't hurt herself.

Raya felt herself being held down. Making her scream out. "NO, let me go." She did what she was trained to do and summoned her weapons.

Nyx jumped back standing in front of his mother and sister. "Starlight listen to me." The woman in front of him was drowning in her memories and he didn't know how to help her.

Before he knew what was happening she attacked him. "Baby stop please." Nyx dogged her while protecting his family. "Mom get in the bedroom so I can focus on her." He watched them go to safety.

Nyx summoned his weapons and looked at his wife. "Baby please don't make me do this." he pleaded with her. She charged him once more. Nyx moved quickly getting behind her. He pinned her against him. "Baby come back to me."

Raya felt herself be pinned and swang her blade around. She seemed to know where the person was even though she couldn't see them. She did a warp strike and just as her blade was gonna find her mark her vision cleared and she saw who she was fighting.

Nyx saw her drop her sword and look at her hands as she slowly backed away from him. "What have I done?" He walked towards her. Her head snapped up as she looked at him. "NO stay back. I could have killed you." before he could reach er she hurled her weapons down and grabbed her coat then ran out the door.

Raya ran as fast as she could and as far away from the ones she loved as she could. How could she have attacked Nyx? What if it had been his mom or sister? Raya made a scream everyone in the city heard.

She had to stay away from them all for there own safety. That's what she told herself as the days went by. She didn't come home. She couldn't face them after what she did.

Nyx was with his mother and sister at the shopping center when a group of imps appeared. "Stay behind me." He couldn't kill them but he could give his family time to run.

Raya saw the imps and dropped down in front of Nyx. "Your goddess has come return to the darknesses." The sword in her hand was black like before. The imps danced around her as she stood still. " I SAID RETURN NOW." she attacked fast and with no mercy.

Nyx watched her she was every bit the goddess of chaos as she was told to be. When she turned to look at him her eyes were no longer purple and pink. they were blood red the armor had on was one of darkness.

Nyx looked at his wife even as the darkness whirled around her she still looked breathtaking

Nyx looked at his wife even as the darkness whirled around her she still looked breathtaking. "Starlight it's time to come home." she turned to look at him once more.

Raya was fighting herself as she looked at Nyx. she wanted to run to him but the darkness and chaos in her was pulling her down and not letting her go. She took a step towards him when pain took hold of her.

Nyx saw her trying to come back to him. When she fell in pain. He ran to her side and pulled her into his arms. "Nyx the darkness won't let me go. I can't fight it." He kissed her.

Next thing he knew he was in the darkness as a goddess walked up to him. "She's mine now. You can't save her." Nyx looked down to see Raya in his arms. She had bruises everywhere. "You don't know me very well if you think I won't fight for her."

Nyx kissed Raya. "Starlight remember I'm your light. Come to me." When she opened her eyes they were back in the shopping center. "Welcome back baby." She touched his face. "I always feel safe in your arms. Take me home."