⠀⠀⠀ fifty two

Beginne am Anfang

Scout groaned at the sight of blinding lights that were so strong that her shut eyes didn't even block it. The smell of sanitized hospital bleach filled her nostrils, a scent she had secretly adored since she was a child.

"Scout? Love? Can you hear me?"

Trying to shake whatever dizzy feeling that had overcame her, the brunette struggled to open her eyes even a little bit. The voice talking to her Spencer, obviously, but she wanted to see him.

Scratch that: she needed to see him.

Over the past months it had become a necessity to find comfort in her new fiancé. He was no longer a target in her eyes. Spencer Reid had, unexpectedly, become her everything.

"Sp - Spence?"

"I'm here."

The fuzzy outline of the doctor was grainy until she was able to blink a few times and grasped his worried face. Instinctively, the corners of her mouth flicked upwards in a small smile.

"You're so pretty." Scout mumbled out, reaching her hand to touch his face.

A nervous chuckled escaped him, "Pretty enough to give up my day job and become a model?"

"Nah. Unless you model turtlenecks for sleazy magicians, I think you should stay with the BAU."

"Thank God." Spencer rolled his eyes and placed a longing kiss on her forehead, holding onto her by her jaw.

"Sounds like she has some brain damage."

A deep voice chuckled in the corner of the room. Scout's eyes darted toward it and saw Morgan, trying his hardest not to tease but failing miserably.

"No, I'm always like this. Don't you know that by now, Chocolate Rain?"

"I've grown accustomed to blocking out most of your random mumbles now. I think it's a neat little trick, actually. It makes you more likable."

The woman snickered, "And yet, I landed the hot nerd before you did. Guess I win."

"You can keep him." Morgan walked over and placed a hand on her leg, giving it a small pat. "It's good to have you back, Kid. I'll go get the nurse."

"Nurse?" Scout's eyebrows scrunched together until she looked around and realized she was in the hospital.

She immediately reached down to her abdomen when the baby laid and felt the familiar bump under blankets.

"The baby? Is everything -"

"Everything's fine, don't worry." Spencer grabbed her hand, kissing it gently. "You fainted from dehydration and because you didn't give your body a chance to acclimate from the sudden change of temperature."

"Acclimate?"

"Yeah, you went from the hot and humid weather from outside, then immediately to the cold air conditioned hospital. It happens sometimes, especially to people who travel around in planes a lot."