⠀⠀⠀ nineteen

N I N E T E E N

SCOUT PASSED THE file towards Xander, letting him inspect it further

"And how do you plan to get the team's trust with this guy?" He picked up the photo and held it closer to his face.

She rolled her eyes, "He's basically the baby of the team. They all protect him and if I can get him to trust me, then I've got the whole BAU by the balls."

"Doctor Spencer Reid? Doesn't sound that special to me."

"He isn't. In fact, he's an awkward geek with a social disorder but he just so happens to have fallen head over heals for me. And don't ask me why, cause I have no fucking idea."

Xander glanced up at her, "So why did you shoot him?"

"It gave me an excuse to get closer to him." She shrugged, "If I shot Morgan like we planned, then I wouldn't have been able to visit him while he got better."

A smile crept its way on Xander's lips, he pointed at her teasingly.

"You're getting good at this, you know."

"Sadly."

"So then, what's the plan?"

Scout grabbed the picture of Spencer before placing it back in the file, "Easy, I get the nerd to miraculously fall in love with me. And when I do that, I'll have access to his credentials which will get me to whatever case you want about the BAU."

"And Rossi?"

"What about him?"

He clicked his tongue, "The first file I gave you was about Rossi. I want him to be the endgame, not this guy."

"Well, I can't exactly seduce an old Italian guy that would be the same age as my grandpa." Scout sighed but kept her gaze at the man in front of her.

"Besides, I don't get what the big hype is around him. He's just another agent that got famous off a few books. Every retiree from the FBI does the same thing."

"Look - just focus on the geek, we'll cross the Rossi road when we get there. For now, do what you got to so that the BAU trusts you. They aren't as easy to trick."

"And after?"

"What do you mean after?"

Scout looked away, "I mean, what happens after I'm done with this case. I - I want out. I can't keep doing this anymore. And this case...it's a big one. It has to be enough to cover whatever my dad did to owe you. I can't keep living like this."