Seven

Ringo's POV

    I kind of regretted asking after seeing Paul's reaction, but someone had to ask at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd forgotten since she's been gone on a work trip for a while, as well as him being stressed out about all of this for what seemed like a while.

    "I...don't know," he replied slowly, looking down at his hands in defeat. George glanced at me and I just shrugged, not knowing whether he should be worried about it at this point in time. "I only ask because if you have feelings for John, you don't really want to be leading her on."

    Paul nodded and sighed, knowing I was right. I felt bad for him, considering all of this was coming onto him at once and he didn't know what to do with it all. George rubbed his shoulder and gestured for him to get up. "Come on Paul, we've got to get you home."

    "I don't think I'll be ok on my own," he mumbled as he packed up his bass. I frowned, feeling even more bad for him. This couldn't be easy for anyone, especially Paul since he can be pretty emotional at times. He'd already gone through so much, and he's only 21 years old. He has so much more to deal with in the future.

    George glanced at me, gesturing to Paul subtly. I shrugged, not sure how to help him at that point in time. He sighed and went to get our coats from down the hall. Paul had sat back down on the couch and was holding his songbook close to his chest, staring off into space. I looked up at the clock, seeing that it was extremely late, almost 10:45.

    "If you want to, you could spend the night at my house. So you aren't lonely that is," I suggested, sitting down next to him. I saw his eyes light up, like he really wanted to, but knowing him he'd probably turn it down, not wanting to inconvenience me.

    "That's alright Ringo, I don't want you to have to deal with me more than you already have today." I chuckled and shook my head, resting my arm on his shoulder. "Really mate, I don't mind. We have a couple days off, so we could stay up and have a good time," I grinned when I saw a small smile slowly stretch across his face, knowing he'd love that. "I could even try to convince Georgie to come along."

    Paul laughed and stood up from where he sat, me following his movements. "I guess it couldn't hurt," he said, stretching as George walked back into the room. He tossed Paul and I our coats and picked up the keys from the table next to the couch. "Eppy already left, so we're locking up the studio."

    George walked ahead of Paul and I, and we smirked at each other, knowing exactly what was going through both our minds. "Georgie?" Paul asked, putting on an innocent act. George turned around, still walking backwards towards the door. "Yes Paul?" He asked, almost acting as if he was Paul's private butler.

    "Can you stay with me at Ringo's house?" He asked, giving him his famous pouty face. We both knew that George was never able to put up against Paul's "innocent" faces, making both of us snicker as he turned around to open the door. I could tell George was pretending to consider it, but I already knew his answer.

    "Alright fine, but we'd better get some sleep tonight," he said, trying to sound disappointed, even though I knew he was excited for it. I don't know why, but he always loved being at my house. Whenever he got the chance, he would come over, even if it was just to pick me up to take me to the studio in the morning.

    "Yay!" Paul cheered, running ahead of George and up to his car. We laughed and gave each other a knowing glance, finally succeeding in cheering him up. I stopped George before going to my car, remembering that he had picked Paul up that morning.

    "I would advise you two get some of your own clothes. I would offer you some but, me being smaller than the rest of you and all." I gestured to my small body, getting a chuckle from George. Being the smallest Beatle had its perks, one of them being that I never had to share clothes with anyone else.

    "Ah well, I already planned on running over to Paul's anyway, so we'll be there after that," he replied, starting to turn away, but quickly turned back with his mouth open, ready to say something. "Don't worry about being small Ringo. Besides, I think it makes you-"

    "GEORGIE" Paul yelled from the car behind George, startling him. I laughed and waved to Paul. "You guys should probably get going before Paul McSassy over there gets too upset with you." George laughed along with me and nodded. "Right, see you soon Ritchie."

    As I got into my car and started it up, I started thinking about what George could have been trying to say. Being small made me what? I figured it would be something nice just because it's George we're talking about, but I couldn't pinpoint it as something specific. It probably would've been something to make me feel better about it since I occasionally got insecure about it, but what would that be?

    I shook my head and began to drive away from the studio. They'd be over soon, I should have left already. I recalled the way Paul's mood immediately changed as soon as I suggested for him to stay at my house as I drove off. It made me smile, making my friends feel better and all. This was going to be a fun night.