Thirty-Five

Third Person

George slowly let his eyes flutter open, looking over at the empty bed on the other side of the room. He furrowed his eyebrows and blinked a few times, trying to turn over so he could fall back asleep in a more comfortable position.

When he couldn't, he groaned a bit and continued to stir, quickly coming to a stop when he felt a pair of arms tighten around him and someone sigh against his neck. He almost jumped at the contact, but quickly relaxed when he glanced down and saw a pair of ringed hands on his chest.

They had moved to one last hotel for filming, the four boys getting separate rooms this time. Without question, John and Paul snatched one of the keys the previous day and didn't emerge from their room until they had to come down and eat lunch with Brian and their bandmates. Ringo and George were glad that they had a whole floor rented out for the band, and that they were on the opposite end of said hall. They didn't want to hear what went on in John and Paul's room, much less have anyone else hear it.

Ringo and George had been disappointed when they were greeted by two separate beds in the room instead of just one, but considering they had no plans of asking Brian to get only one any time soon, they worked with it. Ringo had become accustomed to George asking him to cuddle with him when they slept, so the drummer slipped into the smaller bed without question the night before.

Knock knock

George's eyes flew open when he heard a knocking at the door, frozen in place as he heard someone sigh from outside the door. He almost fell out of the bed when there was another knock, this time a voice following it.

"Lads? You two need to wake up and answer the door. I've come by twice already," he heard Brian say through the door, luckily not sounding very annoyed. George quickly tapped Ringo's hands as he whispered curses under his breath, trying to get him to wake up.

"Come on Rings, wake up. I don't get how you can have such a strong hold on me," George mumbled, giving up on trying to wake him up. He slowly took Ringo's hands off himself and let them fall back behind him. Moving out of his grasp, he stepped onto the floor and stretched, letting out a groan before looking back at Ringo.

"I have a key and I'm not afraid to use it," Brian said through the door again, George being able to hear the jingling of keys and the doorknob moving. He quickly looked down at himself to make sure he was at least wearing something more than his boxers, which he was.

George swiftly snuck into the unoccupied bed and slid under the covers, turning so his back was to the door. He shivered a bit as the cold blankets settled over him, feeling a touch lonely since he was in bed without Ringo.

"Alright, I'm coming in there," Brian said, pushing the door open and wincing a bit when it hit the wall with a thud. He pulled it away from the wall a bit and stepped into the room, rolling his eyes when he saw the two asleep, or at least that's what he thought.

"How do you two sleep through all that knocking?" He asked, mostly to himself as he made his way over to Ringo. He rested his hand on his shoulder and gripped it just a touch, shaking him just a bit before moving onto George. The younger of the two was obviously not asleep, so pretended to wake up when Brian started nudging him.

"What do you need, Eppy?" He asked, turning over and rubbing his eyes despite being very much awake. He glanced behind Brian to Ringo, who was still fast asleep in bed. He smiled at him, thinking he was quite cute with his hair fluffed up while he cuddled up with a pillow as a replacement for him.

"Did you get that George?"

"Uh sorry, could you repeat that?" He asked, redirecting his attention to his manager. Brian let out a faint chuckle and waved his hand, backing away a bit from the bed.