Chapter: 8

I woke up on top of a hard body. I moved slightly just to see who it was. Josh. The other four were next to us on both sides. I moved just right and got out of the bed. I found some clothes going to the bathroom and changing. I then went to the kitchen cooking. When I was halfway through, a set of hands rested on my hips.

A chin rested on my shoulder. "Looks good." Henry. He looked through the cabinets before pulling some spices out. "Try this. Just a pinch." He said. I did. It was good. He pulled some cilantro out and diced it up before throwing it in the eggs. I had bacon in the oven too. When the timer went off, I hit it quickly to turn it off and looked at it.

Then got a hot mitt and pulled it out. I pulled it off onto a plate before putting the done eggs in a bowl. I then poured the grease into the pan and added flour and milk. I stirred it together before the biscuits went off. Henry pulled them out and used a spatula to pull them up.

The other four stumbled into the kitchen. Henry helped me place it out on the table before we fixed our plates. "I definitely said she could cook." Josh said. Henry nodded. "Please join me in the castle kitchen." Henry said. I smiled. Daniel came in just then. "Morning." I said. "When did you start cooking?" He asked. "I've been cooking since we moved into this apartment." I said.

He barely nodded since he was so tired. He fixed a plate, ate and went to his bedroom. I had help cleaning the kitchen then the living room. "See you later Gen." Josh said as he hugged me. The other four said the same hugging me too. I watched them leave before closing the door.

Daniel came out of his room. "I still want you to be careful sis." He said. "I will." I told him. "Are you alright with the betrothal?" I asked him. "It was set by our parents. If you like him, and keep spending time with him, then you may end up falling in love with him." He said. "What if I already have?" I asked. "I'm happy for you then." He said.

I went up to him and gave him a hug. He hugged me back. "I want you safe and kept safe." He said. "I know." I said. "If you want to you can marry Alexander." He said. I nodded. "He was wanting to make sure that you were comfortable with it." I said. He nodded. "I'm going to sleep." He said. I nodded.

"I've got to get to the stables." I said before pulling my boots on. I grabbed my phone and left. Jac was my first stop. I got him out and walked him today. He didn't mind it. I brushed him down today before letting him out in his run. I went back to the apartment and got my art stuff before going out to the falls.

I sat there for the rest of the morning or until I felt hungry. "You know I don't do horseback." I heard a male voice say. I looked up as Philip and David came out on Philip's horse. David had a backpack. Another horse came into view. A blood bay.

I set my stuff down. Christian was riding with Alex. They all dismounted from the horses. David walked towards the edge. I watched for a minute until I was picked up. I screamed before seeing who it was. William picked up my stuff following.

I was sat down on a blanket and nearly tumbled over. I was caught easily. I looked up seeing it was Alex. He kissed my temple. "What did your brother know?" He asked. "He was wanting to protect me in case I didn't want to." I said. "What did he think of the offer?" He asked.

"I didn't tell him about the moving in part. I did say that I was willing to." I said. "He agreed to it though." Alex said. I nodded. "Good. That's the only part he truly needed to agree on. I will talk to him about being the Duke. If he does not want the title he may give it to someone else." Alex said.