3. Ready for the Ride

I walk over to JungWoo's room. When I open the door, I can see him buried under a mountain of blankets. I smile and walk in, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Snoopy, time to get up..." I say softly, pulling back one of the blankets.

"noooo....." I hear him whine, although it is very muffled, I just barely make it out.

"Yes it is. I have to go to work today and I thought I could bring you along. I guess if you don't wanna come anymore, you can stay here." I smirk, standing up and walk over towards the door.

I turn back and watch as the blanket mountain starts to shake.

"I'm coming! I'm up!" I hear him yell, still muffled.

"I'm leaving in a few minutes. You better hurry!" I turn my head and talk into the hall to seem far away.

"AMBER!!! Help me! I can't get out!" I hear him yell, trying to push the blankets off. I laugh and walk over. I slowly pull back a blanket one at a time. I finally pull back the last blanket and see him smiling up at me.

"Morning!" he says, smiling wide.

"Morning, Snoopy. Come on and get up. You need to get dressed. We need to leave in the next 10 minutes so I can get work done." I explain. He nods.

"I left a hoodie, t shirt and the smallest jeans I own in your bathroom. I'll go get a few things together then we can leave. That sound good?" I ask, smiling down at him.

"Yep!" he says, sitting up. I stand and go to leave when I hear a thud. I spin around and see him on the floor with a blanket stuck around his ankles.

"Awww, you need to be more careful." I say walking over and helping him up. He looks up at me with a pout and nods. I smile and ruffle his hair before leaving the room.

I walk into my office and grab my briefcase. I put my laptop and notebook in there along with a few loose papers I had. I make sure I have everything before I walk out into the living room. I put my bag on the couch and walk into the kitchen. I see JungWoo making a blueberry bagel and putting cream cheese on it.

"Almost done?" I ask, leaning against the door frame. He smiles and nods, taking a bite. I grab a protein drink out of the refridgerator and head into the living room. I pull out my phone and look at the time. 8:42 am

"Snoopy! We need to go now!" I yell. He comes in and smiles. I grab my breifcase and keys before opening the door for him. He walks out and I close the door behind him, locking it. I lead him to my car. He looks up at me confused.

"You have a car?" he asks.

"Yeah. I sure do." I laugh, getting in the car once he is in.

"Then why were you walking that day?" he asks.

"I was in the mood for taking the walk that morning. Sometimes I walk, sometimes I ride." I say, starting the car.

"When we get there, you need to stay with me. If not stay in my office or with YangYang. I'll introduce him when we get there. You don't have to if you don't want to though." I explain, pulling out onto the street.

"I'll stay with you." he says, smiling out the window.

"You can play on my phone or my other laptop then. Either that or nap. I'll show you around when we get there." I say, smiling over at him.

"Okay!" he cheers.

When we pull in the parking lot, JungWoo is practically jumping up and down.