xii. Not ready for this world

Start from the beginning

A heavy silence followed in which only the sound of the hangers sliding on the grab bar could be heard. Freya was fully aware of Lu's thoughtful gaze behind her. However, she tried to keep her eyes on the wide selection of designer dresses in front of her.

She stopped on a straight dress fitted with a gathered red leather before taking the hanger to submit it to Lucrecia's expert opinion."What do you think of this one?"

"Mhm." Lucrecia immediately looked up from the floor before nodding."There isn't really a neckline but I guess the Peter Pan collar is fine for you. Not bad."

"Well if the queen approves." Teased Freya as she joined Lu's side before putting the dress on the brunette's bed.

However, she was quick to rest her eyes on Lu at the feel of her fingers suddenly grabbing her wrist. She watched the silent brunette before meeting her eyes as she looked up, seriously."I know I can be a lot to take in but I'm really glad we are friends. I had missed sharing with someone."

Freya slipped her hand into hers to help her up before giving a sign towards her door."So you wouldn't mind deviating from your diet a bit to get something to eat?"

"Absolutely not! You still have to pass your audition." Lu objected immediately, standing up before showing a broad sly smile."However you are right. I have no imperatives preventing me from eating."

Freya gasped in exasperation before rushing to rush over the brunette running down the halls.

"Lu! Lu, how can you do this to me? Lu!"

Freya quickened her pace across the stairs under Lu's laughter. However, she soon frowned as her laughter stopped short.

They were soon replaced by her bored and haughty voice."This must be a joke... This is your tutor?"

"What are you talking abou--" Freya asked as she finished climbing the steps just to catch a glimpse of Valerio and Nadia set up around one of the coffee tables at the Montesinos mansion."Okay, now I understand."

Valerio straightened up, leaning on his hands to sit nonchalantly while Nadia gave a face in the direction of Freya. The latter immediately crossed her arms over her chest before taking a breath while looking at Lu in anticipation.

"In three, two, one ..."

"You do know you're wasting your time with him, right?"

Valerio smiled broadly at Freya before shrugging his shoulders confidently."It was difficult to convince her, but you know me. When I set my mind on something, I get it."

"Even if you get creepy doing it."

Lu immediately frowned on the muttering brunette."What? What are you talking about ?"

"Nothing. Just... nonsense." Freya said, straightening up in innocence.

"Whatever. Come with me, Freya. I already feel myself losing neurons just by staying here. Good luck, Nadia."

Freya rolled her eyes on her back moving away from Lu before muttering sarcasm."At your orders, madam! Immediately, madam!"

*****************

The problem with being used to having your whole life plan from start was that you had no idea what to do when you no longer had these instructions.

It was exactly what Freya was feeling right now.

After Guzmàn's arrival at the Montesinos, Freya had preferred to slip away in all discretion before the Lucrecia volcano exploded. So she had returned home.