xi. Crazy, not Creepy

Start from the beginning

Obviously, he had decided not to listen to anything Freya had told him.

She tried to ignore Valerio's gaze as she continued to ignore him while filling Lu's notes with her own annotations.

"I think you look ridiculous." Lu replied between her teeth clenched in indignation.

"Weren't you all saying that I needed to stop mourning and start living life?" Argued Guzmàn with sarcasm in his tone. "Well, that's what I'm doing."

Freya clenched her jaw at the blond's demeanor toward her friend before standing up as a sign of respect from their teacher.

"Valerio." She declared with a look of disappointment before turning to Freya sympathetically."I've already seen with Mrs. Astoria so you can do the exam, Freya. You just have to come see me after class."

Freya let a broad, relieved smile curl her lips before nodding."Thank you madam."

Their teacher walked away again to address the next table while Valerio jumped on the spot at the sight of his poor grade. Freya frowned at the contradictory brown before shaking her head again.

"Well, brother, chemistry is not your thing, right?" Lu commented, joining Freya's side to show her her exemplary grade.

"I've always been better at the practical side than the theoretical." Replied Valerio, waving his hands in the same passive-aggressive tone as his sister.

"Yeah, we saw that when you had your tongue at the back of Cayetana's throat." Freya whispered absently without looking up from her protocol.

Valerio raised his eyebrows at the sight of her closed expression before leaning on the table to try to catch her look with mischief."Maybe I can teach you."

"When Dad kicks you out for falling, will you be joking then, too?" Lu said, looking annoyed at the idiot.

"You're so good ... so good at being mean." Valerio replied with a broad smile.

Freya literally struggled not to let a smile escape her. Instead she left a little amused snort.

However, she hastened to lick her lips, pretending to read as she could once again feel the looks of the Montesinos duo on her.

****************

"Okay, Black Swan, it's time for you to check out."

Freya closed her locker before turning to Rebecca with raised eyebrows."You know I already told my sad story. I don't owe you anything."

"Oh, come on! Samuel will never gonna make it without you." Sighed Rebe, hopping on the spot.

Freya rolled her eyes at her insistence before shrugging her shoulders in acceptance."Fine, what do you want from me?"

*******************

"Where do people's secret lie? In their messages, photos and videos..."

"You want to steal her phone?" Exclaimed Nadia just as taken aback as Freya. The latter gave a scathing look at Rebe in response."If you get caught, you'll be expelled."

Rebe rolled her eyes in response before shrugging nonchalantly."No way. Doing it at school would be a drag. But isn't there a party in that flashy club tomorrow night? Lots of people around, everything half in the dark, everyone smashed... My phone got stolen three times like that. And I've done it twice."

Freya watched as Luís immediately swiped his phone towards him in distrust of Rebecca's words. The brunette rolled her eyes clearly against her brother's presence in this carnage.