The Arena

Scarlet started to slam my body into the ground with ferocity that surprised me. She finally looked at my face. Her eyes instantly started to grow in size.

"Brea?" She whispered standing up. It was then I realized that her hands were handcuffed in the front of her and her face was severely beaten. Her arm was covered in blood from a shoulder wound and she had one black eye that was swollen shut. Anyone could see that I had the advantage in this round. 

" Yeah Scarlet, its me. Those freaks forced me to come and fight although it is way early, now I see why. They know I was one of your closest allies and they were ticked at me anyways," I shrugged like as if to say it was going to happen sooner or later. She shook her head and glanced up at the booing crowd. 

"Brea, you know whats going to happen if we don't start to fight sooner or later. The crowd will just keep getting louder and one of the guards will come kill us. I am sorry, but I won't die willingly," I ran to her and hugged her tightly. She gave me a surprised expression, turned around and was out of sight before I had time to try to get the handcuffs off her wrists. 

Now I was going to have to fight a friend to the death. I cursed under my breath. I looked up at the men and realized if we didn't do something soon, they were not going to be happy.

I started to look around the arena. The basketball court had been ripped up and replaced with dirt and grass. There were trees and boulders everywhere giving us great places to hide or take cover at. The basketball goal and the timer were still there. The score read Home: 1 Guest: 0. The timer was blank.

I sneaked around the arena to find a weapon. If Scarlet was coming at me, I didn't want to be caught off guard. The first weapon I come across was a broadsword with its sheath. I grabbed it and wrapped it around my waist continuing on my search for a better weapon.

I bent down to pick up a butcher knife when I realized the crowd of men had grown silent. I slowly stood up and looked behind me. There was a huge silver wolf with two other brown ones. I panicked and took of running, shoving the knife in my sheath. I zig-zagged past trees, rocks, even Scarlet who had a bewildered look on her face. The wolves still stayed on my tail. I spotted a large oak tree and climbed it like a squirrel. When I got to where they couldn't reach me I sat still reaching for the broadsword.

I swung the broadsword at their faces when they jumped at my legs. It took about 10 tries to actually hit one with the flat of my blade. It whined and backed away but soon attacked again. The wolves were relentless. I climbed higher in the tree so I had no chance of the wolves biting my legs. 

The silver wolf barked at me as the two brown ones jumped and scratched at the trees. The men in the crowd started to howl and laugh as I struggled in the tree. I saw Scarlett at the back of the arena hiding behind a rock. She knew if I fell I was doomed and if the wolves heard her, she would be doomed. 

I tore off a branch and threw it at the silver wolf. Bulls eye, right in the face. It huffed and snorted a couple times before backing away with the brown wolves staring after it. They looked up at me, tipped their heads, and followed their leader. Soon I was alone again. 

I waited a couple of minutes just to make sure the wolves weren't hunting me. Climbing down the tree I noticed a peice of paper lodged into the trunk. What the heck? I pulled it out and crammed it into my pocket. 

My next goal, find a decent hiding place. While I was in the tree I spotted a rock that may have been a make-shift cave. It was back in the far right corner. I slowly made my way there keeping my eyes open for any animals. 

I reached the cage in no time. To my suprise, Scarlet was there waiting for me. She had a sad but determined look in her eye. She had a bow on her back and a dagger in her hands, which were still bound together. 

"No more stalling, Rhea," and with that she charged. I unsheathed my broadsword and blocked her swing. She rolled out of the block and stabbed the back of my leg.

I cursed but didn't feel the pain because of all the adrenaline. I turned toward her gritting my teeth. I swung my sword at her torso but she ducked and kicked my legs out from under me. All the breath was knocked out of me as I landed on the flat of my back, my sword got slung out of my hands.

She jumped on top of me and started slamming her fists against my chest with tears in her eyes. My hand clamped into a fist and went up straight to her chin. Her head jerked back and gave me enough time to get out from underneath her. 

As she got up I punched her in the face again. She dropped her dagger as blood started to poor down her nose. I bent down and picked up her dagger. I walked to her with my chest heaving. She fell to her knees and whimpered. 

"I am so sorry Scarlet. I have to make it out of here alive. My family needs me. I am going to make it as painless as possible," Tears dropped from my cheeks. 

"Just do it. I understand," she said holding her head up high, looking me right in the eyes. I walked to her and slit her throat. She fell on her side and bled out. I started to cry. Sobs rippled through my body. I fell to my knees and sat there staring at her body.

I am a murderer. What have I done?

******************************************************************************************

Yep so I finally uploaded!! Sorry it took so long... we finally got internet back! YAY :)

So anyways... ya vote, comment whatever! 

Thanks!

<3 J.E.