Part 1 - A Secret Mission

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away . . .

A vast sea of stars serves as the backdrop for the main title, followed by a roll-up, which crawls up into infinity.

STAR
WARS

EPISODE I: CHAOS OF THE CLONES

BY BENYAMIN SHIRASB, BASED ON THE CHARACTERS CREATED BY GEORGE LUCAS. FIRST DRAFT

"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights have been the gaurdians of peace and justice in the galaxy.  Under the governing of the Galactic Republic, and the watchful eye of the Jedi Council. The Republic has enjoyed over the century of peace and prosperity. But those years are passed.

Now, Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. It is a time of decay for the people of Republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute. However, the Jedi Council has sensed a great disturbance in the force, ripping out from beyond the Republic's borders, concerned that may signal a return of the great SITH. The blood enemies of the Jedi.

The Jedi Council sent hundreads of Jedi out of Core Worlds to search most distant of space from system to system to discover the source of this Disturbance and ensure the peace that they sacrificed to much for it. . ."

Opening Crawl Ended.

EXT. SPACE

PAN UP to reveal the amber city planet of Coruscant.

EXT. EXECUTIVE QUARTERS BUILDING - DAY

The giant towers of the Republic Executive Building seem to reach the heavens. Traffic clogs the smoggy sky.

INT. JEDI COUNCIL ROOM - DAY

A circle of chairs were in the room. The JEDI MASTERS were all sit on the chairs. Some of them were empty and some of them had a blue holographic image of the masters. SENATOR PALPATINE was standing in the middle of the room and the masters that attended were: PLO KOON, KI ADI-MUNDI, KIT FISTO AND MACE WINDU. The others were holograms or empty chairs.

PALPATINE
I don't know how much longer I can hold off the vote, my friends. More and more senators are getting terrorized.

MACE WINDU
You must realize there aren't enough Jedi to protect the Republic. Many of them are sent out of Core Worlds. We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.

PALPATINE
This is why the Republic need an army! You must authorize my vote to form an army for the Republic immedietly.

MACE WINDU
We have been over this. Every planet in Crouscant system have an army...

PALPATINE
That is not enough. They must be united for a better security, and some planets haven't even a security!

MACE WINDU
But policing the galaxy is the job of the Jedi.

PALPATINE
Yes well, the recent events showed us that you could use some help.

MACE WINDU
The Jedi are entrusted in policing the galaxy, not an army, but an Jedi. It has to be us and not them because we will only not abuse that authority!

Palpatine stopped talking, defeated. His eyes clashed to the main chair in the council that belonged to MASTER YODA who was absent.

PALPATINE
Where is Master Yoda, it's unlike him to be absent from the council like this. We need him now more than ever.

Kit Fisto turned and Palpatine.

KIT FISTO
He is on a important mission.

Palpatine nods.

PALPATINE
(To Mace Windu)
But what about the Senators, the Senate is in an unrest. They are afraid for their lives and attempting to live the Republic.

MACE WINDU
If they do break away --

PALPATINE
I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two.

MACE WINDU
Right now, the Jedi Council is doing the investigation and every Jedi left in the temple will guard the senators, Personally. But now, the important thing is the Disturbance. I'm sure these things are connected to each other.

PALPATINE
Well then, We will discuss this matter later.

MACE WINDU
We found a mysterious location, in Outer Rim. We believe on that planet, something is happening.

PALPATINE
And who do you want to investigate there?

MACE WINDU
We are still confused. Many of us are already searching the galaxy. Our numbers are limited.

PALPATINE
Master Jedi, may I suggest the council to sent an proffesional Jedi Knight to this mission.

Everyone gets confused to know about the man he is talking about.

PALPATINE
I must say, I am getting amazed by the Jedi's talents but perhaps someone you are familiar with... an old friend like... Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.

PALPATINE nods to MACE WINDU, who nods back.

KI ADI-MUNDI
That's possible. He has just returned from a Border dispute on Ansion.

MACE WINDU
Okay then, Senator. I will have Obi-Wan report, immediately.

ZOOM on Palpatine face with a big grin on his face.

CUT TO:

EXT. APARTMENT BUILDING - TWILIGHT

A graceful skyscraper twinkles in the evening light of Coruscant.

INT. APARTMENT BUILDING ELEVATOR - TWILIGHT

OBI-WAN KENOBI, A young and handsome man with long brown hairs and blue eyes in grey robes, ride in a windowed elevator attached to the outside of the Senate Building.

CUT TO:

INT. HANGER BAY - TWILIGHT

Obi-Wan and Mace Windu were talking while walking in the corner of the hanger.

MACE WINDU
This is an important mission, Obi-wan. Not just to the Jedi order or the republic, but for the people of the galaxy. You must not fail on this quest.

OBI-WAN
Don't worry, Master Windu. I will not fail the council.

MACE WINDU
I know. You are one of our best knights. Watch yourself and don't get yourself in trouble.

Obi-wan grins.

OBI-WAN
That's hardly to say.

He walks to his JEDI STARFIGHTER, pushes a button and the glass of it, opens.

MACE WINDU
Obi-wan. . .

Obi-wan turns at Mace Windu.

MACE WINDU
May the force be with you.

Mace Windu nods and Obi-wan replies with a nod, too. He then smiles.

OBI-WAN
May the force be with you, too.

He enters his starfighter as it take off from the hanger bay and exits Crouscant atmosphere.

EXT. SPACE

The starfighter exits the planet surface and is ready to enter the hyperspace, as it goes for lightspeed.

CUT TO: