No Vakarian without Shepard- Garrus Vakarian

She squealed in delight at the familiar sight of him, reaching her small arms out towards him, eager to be held. If Garrus could smile, he would at the sight of his human daughter.

"Okay now, calm down. No need to wake up the entire neighborhood," Garrus remarked to the infant as he picked her up and cradled her small body to his chest, just like how [Name] taught him.

Passing by the living room, Garrus could almost see the memory of [Name] struggling with parts for a crib while the young one chewed at the page's of the manual that [Name] so insisted that they didn't need it.

Garrus chuckled to himself at the image before him in his mind before he shook it off and continued on his way to the kitchen.

Setting the child down in the high chair before momentarily leaving her to grab the jar of mashed fruits from the fridge and returning to her with it in a bowl in one hand and a spoon in the other.

"Okay, sweet pea, let's try this again. Say ahhh~" Garrus bent down to be at eye-level with the girl as he held up the spoon to her. She laughed cheerfully and clapped her hands a couple of times before slapping the spoon out of the turian's hand, sending it flying across the room before it slammed against the wall.

Garrus sighed and sagged his shoulders in defeat as he looked up to the sky, wishing [Name] were still here with him. She always did know what to do in these situations.

Just then, Garrus heard the familiar sound of the front door unlocking and sliding open. Spinning around, Garrus was met with the familiar sight of Tali and then [Name] who trailed behind her.

"We're back from shopping!" [Name] announced as she entered.

"Shepard!" Garrus cried out as he tackled the much smaller woman to the ground.

"Jesus fucking Christ!" She cursed as she struggled to get out of his death grip. "I was only gone for an hour! You seriously couldn't manage without me?"

And truly, he could not, because there is no Vakarian without Shepard.