Love at First Letter - 5

Start from the beginning

Two days ago when I suggested the idea to my best friends they immediately went to their landowners and terminated their contract. They wouldn't be getting their safety deposit back, but they figured with splitting the bill they would have more money for other things.

It was evident that Cara had way more things than Joanna, as Joanna had to make a third trip to her house to get the last remaining of her items. It wasn't long before all of their things were unpacked, their beds were set up and all that was left to do was put away the clothes and other belongings they had.

It only took a few days my best friends to fully get situated into their new home. I was always up before them and would make breakfast, they would come down when they smelled whatever I decided to make. We would take, drink our coffee, and then we would all go off to our separate jobs.

Cara and Joanna always left before me and I would take that time to either write or read. I was always the person who would rather get up early in the morning and start to write than stay up late at night. The dark and I were never friends and we would never be. I would rather go to bed when the sun was setting and wake up when it was rising then stay up when the moon was high in the sky and the shadows played with your mind.

I left for my regular run through the park, my music playing in my headphones. I passed by everyone, calling out left and they would move to their right. When I circled the park a few times, I headed home immediately heading for the bathroom. When I got out, my phone was ringing and I rushed to answer it.

"Hello."

"Hello my favorite person." My editor, Colleen, spoke to me. "I heard you have some good news for me."

"And who'd you hear that from?" I asked her, securing the towel that was still wrapped around my body as I moved throughout the kitchen placing dirty dishes into the dishwater and pressing start. I herad the familiar hum of the dishwasher starting and walked away towards my room. "One of my newly acquired roommates I presume."

"You would be correct. They were so excited that you were finally getting some work done that they called me right away to tell me the good news." She said to me excitedly. "How far have you gotten?"

"I'm about twenty pages in, I just started a couple days ago."

"I'm going to need a 50,000 word manuscript in a couple weeks, do you think you can manage that?" She asked me. "I was able to push back your due date a couple of weeks since you were having trouble, but now that we're on a roll I'm going to need that manuscript sooner rather than later."

"Of course, I'll get it done in no time."

"That's what I like to hear." She said to me. "Now I will let you get back to work, I would like for you to come into my office in the next week so we can discuss a few things about book signings and maybe a tour."

"Of course just text me when and I'll meet you there." We said our goodbyes before I hung up the phone and took a seat at my desk with a big cup of coffee. I didn't have to worry about my friends interrupting me as they wouldn't be home from work for at least a few hours, and I had a lot to do. I had to make a serious dent into this story and finish my letter to Brett. I didn't want to keep him waiting much longer.

Deciding to write the letter first as that would take the less time, I quickly reread his letter before writing a reply.

        Brett Tinsley,

        I honestly can't say thank you enough. All because of you I am on my way with novel two, because of your suggestion to just write and then come back a couple days later actually worked. Not that I had any doubt in the first place. But I've finally got an idea and I think it's going to be even better than my debut novel and it's all thanks to you. So thank you, so much Brett.