Chapter - 24: Her Respect; His Upbringing

Start from the beginning

"No but I am feeling hot." Sanskar said in innocent voice with puppy face.

"Sanskar" Swara whined, blushing profusely.

"Ohh god my innocence overloaded kitten" Sanskar laughed at her shaking his head.

Sanskar moved forward and touched her forehead with his caressing her cheeks.

"You know right I cannot resist this look. So, get back straight don't tempt me now" Sanskar said in husky voice.

Swara felt breathless with his intense proximity, and manly cologne, smell of vanilla body wash filled in her lungs.

Post lunch, Sanskar heard a knock on the door, he was sitting on the bed working on his Mac whereas Swara was watching TV.

"Come In" Sanskar said.

Ragini was there on the doorstep.

"Hi Swara, how are you feeling now?" Ragini said entering their room showing fake concern towards her cousin.

"Arre Ragini, I am fine. Nothing happened." Swara replied to her with smile.

"I am sorry Swara, it was my mistake. Sorry really. I am feeling so bad for you." Ragini said shredding her fake tears sitting beside her on the bed.

"Ragini it was my mistake, that I was walking without looking at front." Swara said holding her hand.

"Can I bring something for you?" Ragini asked her.

Sanskar was still typing on his Mac digging his head in it, but his concentration was on their talks.

Ragini sat there in their room for some more time telling about her course. Looking at her cheerful face Swara was showing more interest in their conversation. Whereas Ragini was observing working Sanskar from corner of her eyes. He looked like not at all interested in their conversation. Later, Sanskar suggested Swara to go out for evening walk to which Swara happily agreed and went with him.

Sanskar looked at Swara, she was sleeping peacefully in his embrace, keeping her head on his chest and holding his t-shirt in her fist. Her face as usual was glowing in moon light. She had beautiful smile on her face which gave utmost peace to his heart, but his mind was not at it's peace. 'Ohh god, this smile always gave unexplainable peace to my heart but today my mind is not at place. I know, I am trying to keep Gadodia family away from her. If they are involved in this mess, then it will hurt her. She is keenly looking forward for their relation. Till the time they come out as clean, I cannot allow them to be near her.' Sanskar thought pulling her close to him and kissing her hairs. He remembered his Mom's words 'we never met Sharmishtha ji or Gadodia family when we used to stay at Kolkata. They never visited Reva's house not even when Swara was born or her naming ceremony or her birthdays. We met them first time when we went to Badi after meeting with Dida to see Swara just two days before your marriage.'

Earlier Sanskar tried to drill his Badi Ma and Mom about the past relation between Bose family and Gadodia family indirectly. Even after living in one city two sisters who brought up together were not in much contact, this fact troubled him more. His theory of Gadodia family showing their fake concern and care towards Swara looked more reliable.

Next day at breakfast table Annapurna asked DP "Let us know in advance when we should come for the AGM?"

"As usual Anu on the last day." DP said and continued "Two days after AGM will start it will be of 3 days, you all need to come on third day."

"Swara, you also need to come this year" Sanskar informed her.

"Me? Why?" Swara asked him in confusion.