Chapter 5

Copyright 2012 Natalie Elle Tyler - All Rights Reserved

I missed the bus heading home that afternoon.

It was cloudy that afternoon, and the first raindrop of the night landed on my raincoat. If a big lightning storm was tonight, that would be my lucky day...

No school.

Kids stared from the farm across my cabin as I unlocked the doors. My mom, probably going frantic inside, searching all over for me, was probably inside about to ask, "Where were you?"

I turned off the light that night, and read the book, "Dark Moons,"

It was about how a boy broke a girl's heart by cheating on her with her best friend. The cover was a small shining moon surrounded by trees. It kind of reminded me of John... He didn't cheat on me though. At least not yet...

I was quiet the whole day. Mom tried speaking to me, but I never spoke back. She acted like nothing was wrong. Not like she ever did pay any attention to me. Dad was at work, so I never saw him. And today I skipped school again. Mom dropped me off, I headed to the doors, and walked to the playground instead. It was only a matter of time before I knew my mom would figure out. By then, she can be mad. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy it for as long as I can.