"Ha. Easy," I smile throwing my journal and snuggling down into my blankies. Man, I am smart. Maybe I haven't given my brain cells enough credit. I mean, the answer to my dilemma was so agonizingly simple that it's also complex at the same time. It's like Einstein level, probably. Maybe I should tell Kiki about it.

"What's easy?"

My eyes pop open to find my friend plopping down onto my mattress causing my end to pop up a little. I hate when she does that. She knows my mattress does this. She smirks waiting for me to yell at her. Jokes on her, I'm not going to say a word.

"Well? What's easy?" She prods.

I struggle to sit up and fluff my pillow. I seriously hate that I'm elevated because her big booty has created an uneven surface on my mattress. Don't say a word, don't say a word. I bite my tongue before composing myself.

"I have developed a sure fire plan to thwart Satan," I cross my arms with a smart smile.

She curls her lip. "And why would you do that lame ass plan?"

"You don't even know the plan."

Rolling her eyes, she waves her hand in a circle and gets off my bed finally, "Let's here it then."

I can't stop my clever giggle. "Well, you know how he pulls me close to him every class?"

"Yeah," she sighs disgusted.

"I'm going to hold out my hand and say, please stop! And I'll say it kinda forceful..."

"Oh my lord," She smacks her head. "Alright. Let's hear the rest."

"Then I'll say, I have...a boyfriend," I can't stop my wide grin.

"Annnd you think this will stop him?"

"Yup. You'll see."

"Oh, honey. What are you so afraid of, Luna? Is it intimacy?"

It's my turn to curl my lip. How am I so transparent? Maybe it's just because she's my best friend and knows me? Either way, I need to do a better job at hiding my feelings. It's embarrassing.

"No," I deny.

"Mhm. Listen, there's nothing to be afraid of. It's like a one and done. It doesn't even hurt that much and once it's over with, it won't hurt again. Well, unless he's too rough and sucks at sex. Then it could hurt. Sometimes..."

"Okay, okay. Enough with the sex talk. I get it. Thank you, Kiki. I know you're trying to help, but I think I got this. I really do."

"Oh, hun, you really don't," she chuckles. "Listen, I have a great idea to get your mind off of Satan. It's epic."

My shoulders slump. Her ideas always put me into situations I don't like, I sing in my head. "What is it?"

"Tonight we'll go out and have a girls night."

"It's a school night, Kiki."

"Annd your point is? Luna, we're big girls now. Adults. Adults go out after work for drinks, they go on dates, they do all sorts of things during the week. Your mother said it's time for you to start adulting, so you need to do just that. We're going out and that's final," her voice is stern.

It's what I call her non-negotiable voice. Whenever she takes that tone with me, I know she means business. I'm scared of it. I just know I'm going to hate this.

"Where are we going?"

"Clubbing!" Her voice raises a shrill octave.

She's definitely no opera singer. Rock and roll, yes. Opera, hard no.