"Hey," he replied before his eyes shifted back to the bright screen across from him. Taehyung was a little thrown off by his boyfriend's tone of voice, causing him to grow confused. "How was your night?"

"It was good," the younger responded with a shrug, "Would've been better if you were there, though."

"Sorry. Wasn't invited," is all Jungkook said.

"Kookie, are you okay?" The smaller asked, leaning over the couch a little to catch the other's eye, but he was too short and couldn't see his boyfriend's features. Jungkook just nodded and kept his eyes on the screen in front of him, causing the brunet to pout a little at the response. "Alright. Well, I'm going to bed. See you in the morning."

Taehyung turned around as Jungkook grunted in response, mumbling something that the younger couldn't make out as he began to climb the stairs, leaving behind a slightly annoyed Jungkook.

The ravenette listened until he heard Taehyung's bedroom door shut. His body relaxed a little, but his mind was swirling with thoughts. He felt bad for being rude and short with Taehyung, but he couldn't help the annoyed feeling gnawing at him the whole night.

Not only was he annoyed, he still didn't know how to tell Taehyung about the warrant set out for his parents. But the feeling of guilt was overpowering everything else as he calmed down and the night was still growing.

He turned the tv off as he sat up on the couch. He sighed, resting his head in the palms of his hands as he rubbed his forehead. He felt bad, and he didn't want Taehyung to go to bed upset with him all because of the brunet not texting him back.

The ravenette sighed once more as he stood up and climbed the stairs. He stopped just right outside Taehyung's bedroom, bringing up his knuckles to knock on the door, only to stop himself before his hand reached down and twisted the knob and pushing the door open.

He peeked his head inside the bedroom, only to be met with complete darkness. He stepped inside, closing the door quietly behind him before making his way to the younger's bed. He crawled in bed next to the boy, his arms immediately wrapping around his waist and pulling him back until his chest with met with the brunet's back.

He kissed the nape of his neck, eyes closing as he tried to catch some sleep. He didn't want to wake Taehyung if he was already asleep, and he convinced himself this could wait until morning.

"I didn't think you were coming," Taehyung spoke softly, his eyes open as he felt Jungkook's arm around him tighten a little from the sound of his voice. His heart felt heavy thinking the older was upset with him over something he doesn't know what he did.

The raven-haired boy was surprised that Taehyung was still awake, causing him to stiffen a little as his grip around him tightened. "I didn't know you were awake," he told him.

"It takes me awhile to fall asleep," the brunet stated, his voice still softly and almost breathy as he gently spoke to his boyfriend. Jungkook didn't know what to say, only pulling him closer if that were even possible as Taehyung fell quiet, debating if he should say something else. "What did I do wrong?"

Jungkook was quick to flip on the lamp on the nightstand beside him and prop himself on his elbow, looking down at the brunet who held depressed eyes-those eyes were eyes Jungkook hasn't seen in such a long time, and seeing them now broke his heart.

The ravenette reached over with his free hand, gently grabbing the younger by his chin and forcing him to meet his eyes. His heart broke more when he seen how glossy they were, a little red and it was a clear indication he was crying for a little bit.

"Baby," Jungkook breathily whispered, his own eyes burning from the hot tears that slowly started to cloud his vision. Guilt wasn't even a word that could begin to describe how horrible he felt for doing this to Taehyung.