09- The last level

Start from the beginning

The jaguar that used to be on top of Bethany, ran of, like it was hypnotised. The only reason for the jaguar to do that was... Van Pelt.

As Davina's mind repeated the name, a flash of lightning struck the ground make the one and only Van Pelt appear. If he never became a villain in a video game, he would make a great magician, Davina thought.

"Well, well, well..." Van Pelt's voice echoed in Davina's mind.

♦︎

Spencer finally made it to the statue. Excited by the sight, he sped up the hill for his eyes to meet with Van Pelt's. He was holding Bethany to gunpoint while Davina lay on the ground with a jaguar on top of her.

"Give me the jewel or your friends die." Van Pelt voice was a loud whisper. At this point Alex and Martha has arrived after hearing Van Pelt shout.

"Stop!" Alex shouted but as he was about to approach Van Pelt, a dozen of jaguars appeared from the long grass. "Take me instead."

"Alex... that's not how it works." Davina says in a struggled voice. "You promised me...you wouldn't do anything stupid."

"Quiet!" Van Pelt yelled out loud. It was like he wanted the whole jungle to hear him. He gripped onto Bethany tighter as the jaguar pressed onto Davina's chest harder. A shaking, breath of pain escaped her lips. "Give me the jewel!"

Alex looked at Spencer and Martha in panic, hoping they had an idea. "I can't do that." Spencer said to Van Pelt.

"Five... four... three..." Van Pelt started to count down with him pressing the gun into Bethany's head which made the jaguar growl.

"I can't give you the jewel." Spencer repeated.

"Two...-" Bethany's eyes tightly shut.

"Because I don't have it!" Not even seconds later, heavy foot steps were heard approaching. Everyone looked over to the source of the noise when suddenly Fridge burst through the bush on an elephant.

"Zoology, bi*ch!" He yelled, proudly holding the jewel. At that moment, all the jaguars rushed onto the elephant as it tried to shake them off. Davina felt as if she could breathe again, she coughed as she took in deep breaths.

The large, grey elephant managed to scare all the jaguars away. Obviously that angered Van Pelt, making him aim his gun at Fridge. Before he could take the shot, Bethany bit into his arm and Davina kicked him of balance. His bullet hit the tree behind the elephant, making it panic. As Fridge fell of the elephant, he dropped the jewel onto a higher level from where they were standing.

"Elephant!" Martha smiles.

"Begin the climb." Spencer stated. The fighting was heard between Van Pelt and the three players: Alex, Bethany and Davina. Martha ignored that and looked at Spencer.

"Get up there. I'll get the jewel to you. Trust me." Martha commanded Spencer. "Go!" Spencer hopped onto the motorcycle and began climbing the statue as Martha went in the direction where the jewel landed.

The thunder had become more frequent ever since they made it to the statue. But instead of the soulless, grey sky, the thunder was now paired with a dark blue almost black sky that stretched over the landscape.

The four players were left to do nothing as Van Pelt followed Martha. "You alright?" Alex asks Davina.

"Now that I can catch my breath, yeah." She smiled.

Martha was now out of sight, so the eyes of the players on the ground followed Spencer as he made his way up the statue. Higher and higher, closer and closer.

All of a sudden, chimes were heard from the dark sky, followed by Martha falling, holding a green, glistening object.

"Go Spencer." Fridge said out of suspense. Everyone now looked up, watching the action that was happening above. Spencer through a rope -that caught onto the statue- and jumped of the motorcycle, making him swing around. Swiftly, Spencer grabbed the jewel from Martha in mid-air and landed on the nose of the Jaguar statue, while Martha landed safely on the ground. Rapidly, Spencer placed the jewel in the eye of the Jaguar statue.

"Yeah!" Everyone cheered from below but soon they realised that nothing happened.

Realisation hit Bethany like a ton of bricks. "Call out its name.." she says.

"Call out its name!" Martha repeated louder.

"Call out its name, everyone!"

"Jumanji!" All the players shouted at the tops of their lungs.

An emerald green glow omitted from the jewel, the glow ran over the landscape, that they called: Jumanji.

Bang!

Right before the glow disappeared, a gunshot was heard from behind the players.

"Davina!" Alex yelled.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

Dun.

Dun.

Dun!!!!!!!

The penultimate chapter is complete! 🥳 Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will hopefully be posting tomorrow afternoon or evening but I'm not sure. Keep your eyes open!

Thank you for taking your time to read this and we just hit 1k reads! Ahhhhhhh! I can't believe it!

At the end of this story we will have a party, don't worry I'll try and make it work. 😂

Thanks again, bye.

-Bubble