07- He lives another day

❗️Disclaimer ❗️
I do not own Jumanji: welcome to the jungle in any way, shape or form except Jessie Playger and Davina Bell.

♦︎♦︎♦︎

He lives another day

"Oops..." Fridge said, disturbing the positive atmosphere.

"What do you mean 'oops'?" Davina asked; she felt the tension in her shoulders slowly coming back.

"I dropped the jewel." Fridge bluntly stated and looked back at the group.

"What!"

♦︎

"We need the fricken jewel!" Bethany shouted, with annoyance lacing her every word.

"I know. That's the crazy part because I know we need it." Fridge said calmly, the information not sinking in properly. Their lives depended on that emerald jewel and now that it's at the bottom of a ravine, the players have been put a step back.

Davina didn't know how Fridge could stay calm during this 'accident' but all she wanted to do was to go home. Davina wanted to strangle Fridge for dropping the jewel but she knew she couldn't because he was her favourite player out of the four high school students.

Davina's thought were interrupted by Fridge speaking again. "Yeah, let's loop around and look for it."

Swiftly, Alex turned the helicopter around. The players were now above the ravine, looking out for the jewel like their lives depended on it; because they did.

"There! I see it!" Bethany points out, her hand extending rapidly. The rhinos that had once chased them now were circling the jewel. "Of course! Why can't one level be easy!" Davina shouted over the helicopter blades.

"What are they doing?" Martha asked.

"It's like they're protecting it or something." Spencer guesses, looking at the rhinos below.

"Alright. How are we gonna do this?" Alex asks, turning to face the rest of the players.

"I don't know." Spencer admitted.

"We have to do something! Anyone got any ideas?" Davina asks, her eyes not moving from the rhinos.

"Well, you gotta go get it, right, buddy?" Fridge asks, facing Spencer. "What do you need? Your boomerang? Maybe some scissors? A pipe wrench? Some shoelaces? I'm your valet. Whatever you need I can get for you."