Darkness and Monsters

A/N: Here ya go! ^_^ Little bit of gore, be warned. Not bad though...just read, it'll make sense.

Dark. All around Xephos was dark. And noises, horrible, mostery noises. Xephos' sword had a large crack down it's diamond blade, so it would be no use in battle. And torches, he had just used his last, but it was miles back.

Xephos decided it was a good time to reflect on his short life. He crashed in a spaceship onto this odd planet, he met his best friend, a dwarf, and he did other things he was quite happy about. But, still, there was so much he hasn't done.

The monsters were getting closer. And closer. Closer. Xephos' death was almost upon him. Miserable shrieks and moans and bones clanking together were the things that were going to take his life. Maybe he would just die of anticipation or fright before the things got to him.

Maybe if Xephos had never gotten in that spaceship, he wouldn't be here right now. Maybe if he let the dwarf come with him, he wouldn't be in this stupid situation. Maybe. But here he is. Xephos wasn't going anywhere.

Xephos could finally make out the first thing coming towards him, it was only a stones throw away. It had horrible rotting skin, that appeared to be peeling off in some places. A barely there shirt was coming off the rotting body, this thing wasn't always like this.

Xephos got his sword out and tried swinging at the zombie, but his sword shattered on contact. The thing didn't even flinch. More things were becoming visible from the darkness that surrounded Xephos.

Xephos screamed as a zombie dug his teeth into his arm while a skeleton shot at his leg. Xephos felt blood gushing from his leg and arm, he was feeling faint from blood loss. Xephos fell back and hit his head on the cave wall, feeling even more blood come from that spot. Pain, darkness, then suddenly calm.

But that wasn't right, Xephos didn't want to die. He struggled against the sudden calm, struggling to regain feeling in his limbs. He didn't want to die, not like this. Not like this. Not like...

Xephos sat up in his bed screaming, sweat poring off his forehead.

"You alright, mate?" Honeydew asked, running in from the next room over.

"Just a bad dream, sorry, friend," Xephos said sheepishly. "I'm okay."

But the dream was so real... almost like it really had happened. But there's no such thing as monsters. Xephos brushed the ridiculous nightmare from his head, besides, he had a full day for work at the factory today.