Science

Science takes everything away in the end. In the world of magic, death can be prevented, but science is cold and cruel. All of Rythian's friends, and his enemies, had passed on. Yes, he knew Parvis and Ridgedog and Kirin lived on somewhere in the world, but they weren't themselves anymore. Parvis had gone past the point of no return with his silly blood magic. Kirin had become 'all powerful' and lives his days secluded in some tall tower somewhere far, far away. And Ridgedog had decided to stay away from all mortal business long ago. That left Rythian alone in the world.

Rythian had tried and tried to do something to save his friends, but nothing could be done. He even tried his hand at necromancy, but it did him no good. When he brought his friends back, they were not the same. They would try to kill everything. Really, they were just the bodies of his old friends, they lacked soul.

Rythian recalls the last of his days with someone sane. Xephos, being a space man, had a much longer lifespan then everyone else. The two, being the only sane people left alive, became very close friends. They talked about the stars and planets, The End and dragons, really anything and everything they could think of.

When Xephos's time finally came, Rythian sat by his bed side all day. Rythian told Xephos stories of his past, and magic, and even recalled fond memories of their old friends. But, Xephos was a man of science, and passed.

Now, all Rythian's friends look down on him in sorrow, waiting for him to join them.

Lately, all Rythian's been doing is sitting. He sits in his library all day, and he doesn't read, or practice magic, or write in his journal, or anything. He just sits.

Rythian decided if he just sits there long enough, he'll see his friends again. Or maybe he'll just be eternal and sit in one spot forever.

Sometimes, Rythian wishes he was a man of science. But really, all science does is destroy and take things away.

Magic lasts forever. And science takes everything away, in the end.

--------------------------------
AN
It's short and a little all over the place, I know. Sorry. My mind hasn't been with me lately. Comment any stories you'd like me to write! Or message me! ^_^